Random Yes,,,,,Nose Job?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

Im debating a nose job 6 1/2 months before the wedding. Ive never liked my nose and now more than ever im obsessed over it. Has anyone gotten any plastic surgery close to their wedding? Curious thanks!
    Anthony & Angela
    19 June 2008

#2 Jessica

• VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

I've thought about a nose job just because I HATE my nose, but never had the guts to go through with it. Ultimately I guess I don't hate it that much!

But, yikes, I'd be scared to do it before the wedding only because if it turned out not looking how I envisioned, I'd be upset everytime I saw the wedding pictures!

It's something I guess you'll just have to really think about a lot and follow your gut. You don't want to wait until after?

#3 Spazz

• VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

Angela, I think your nose is absolutely fine. But, if it's something you really want to do, I would definitely do it at least 6 months before the wedding to give you and everyone else time to get used to it.

#4 JulieG

• VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

I do not see what is wrong with your nose, I think it looks good. But, all the same, its not my nose so I can't make that decision. I think that close to the wedding is kinda scary. Can you make sure that you have enough time to change it if something goes wrong or its not what you want?

#5 cessyboston

• VIP Member
          • 2,096 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:11 PM

i would ef meet with a doctor and ask what they think i know thw nose can take up to a year i new someone that did it came out beautiful i have had my breast done and it can take up to a year but i was fine in 6 months good luck find soemone you trust and who is very good.....
            Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#6 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

This is a funny parallel, but when I was six months out from my wedding (and my hairstylist was 5 months pregnant), I said I wanted to change my hair. I figured that 6 months would give me enough time to grow it out if I didn't like it.

My stylist said, "I'm going to give you the same advice my hairstylist gave me last week (her friend for 10 years) - don't do anything when you have something big coming up. There are too many times that it just ends up adding to the stress."

Sure enough, after the baby was born, she cut her hair short. It was cute, but she didn't like it. After my wedding, I changed my style. Neither of us liked what we did and we've both spent the last 6 months working on a different cut/style. However, (at least for me), since it's after the wedding, I don't care.

Your nose, your call.
              Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#7 tvt

• VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

can you do it more than 6 mths out?

i kinda want to get my eyes done.. but i'm so scared!! it runs in my family to have kinda droppy eyelids and it's always bugged me.. but now with the wedding i kinda want to change it before

#8 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

i want a nose job too but am also too chicken to do it...nose jobs have a long recovery...i wouldn't do it 6 months before my wedding...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
                Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
                • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

I say talk to a plastic surgeon and find out about recovery time, possible problems/side effects, etc. If he says 6 months is fine then I say go for it! If itll make you happy then thats what matters!

#10 Christine

• VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

since you have about 10 months now, if you are going to do it is there any way to do it now? I think just in case of complications you would want more than 6 months, however looking at your siggy pic, I think you have a very cute face and are beautiful the way you are...but its your nose, ultimately only you can make that decision.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users