newbie - dreams puerto vallarta or riviera cancun

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 surfnvolley63

surfnvolley63
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Hi everyone,
    My name is Aimee and I am trying to decide between 2 dreams resorts...they both look great. Wedding date is June 18th..too far away! I will enjoy reading about either destination and can't wait.

#2 klarson

klarson
    • 153 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

I am planning a wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun but I wanted Puerto Vallarta so I will tell you what I learned. I know the the WC at PV will get back to you much faster. I think that PV is prettier in terms of landscape but the water is not clear. It is blue but nothing like the RC. The preferred rooms at the PV are super nice but the older rooms are dated. The service is excellent. The RC is much newer and has more amenities. 9 restaurants compared to 6 for starters. It seems all the rooms at RC are super nice. We decided on RC mainly because of the water and also because the nice rooms at PV are in a seperate tower on the other side of the beach. I hope this helps. We will be at RC from 6/5-6/14. If you decide on RC we may be there at the same time. Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to answer.

#3 Melaina

Melaina
      • 139 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

Have you travelled to either places in Mexico? I would say that the Riviera Maya is, by far, my favourite place in Mexico. The beaches are white and sandy, the water is beautiful blue and there are so many ruin sites close by. Puerto Vallarta has it's upsides too, though -- might be a shorter flight depending on your location and has the tendency to be cheaper. Also, less hurricanes on that side.

Take it for what you will, though. I'm getting married in the Riviera Maya so I may be biased

#4 bediva33

bediva33
        • 118 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

Welcome to the board!

#5 sammy2882

sammy2882
          • 174 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Congrats and happy planning!!! :) I'm getting married at DRC! So far everything has been great!

#6 nessa0308

nessa0308
            • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

welcome to the board!!! PVR is excellent

#7 surfnvolley63

surfnvolley63
              • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

Thank you everyone for the info. I'm waiting to hear back from the resorts but it appears that the wc's are very busy and won't return emails? After reading a bunch of posts it looks like I will have to call them. Has anyone had problems securing their wedding date? I know mine is 11 months away but June is very popular.

#8 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm a little biased too since we were married at Dreams PV, but you can't go wrong with either resort!!
                  Rebeca at Dreams PV is really great to work with; she's probably crazy busy, but she always got back to me w/in a couple days. If it's been longer than 4 days or so maybe email her again.
                  weddings.drepv@dreamsresorts.com

Let me know if you have any questions about Dreams PV! And check out the sub-forums!
                  http://bestdestinati....-thread-29192/

#9 surfnvolley63

surfnvolley63
                  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

omg KarenM! Your review was awesome thank you so much. PV is my first choice and you really answered some of my questions. Your wedding looked beautiful! Thank you..thank you.

#10 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
                    • 528 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

Aimee congratulations and welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users