Sandals Grande Antigua- Wedding reviews?

Hi,

My name is Teara and I'm getting married at Sandals Antigua July 19th @ 4pm on the beach!  I'm very excited!  I will be getting my hair done @1pm and I plan on doing my own make up.  It will also just be Me & the Love of My Life!  We are going to purchase the 18 photo package @ $395.  Believe me I don't want to pay it but we have to since it will only be the 2 of us.  We arrive July 16th and depart July 23rd, its too bad we're just missing eachothers wedding or we could've taken pictures for eachother. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

My name is Teara and I will be getting married at Sandals Antigua July 19th @ 4 pm on the beach just Me & the Love of My Life but now that I've read Caroline's post I may be switching from the beach.  Gosh what a disappointment to hear!  This is very helpful!  Thank you!!  I'm getting my hair done @1pm and I plan on doing my own make up.  We are purchasing the 18 photos @ $395 we have no choice since it will only be the 2 of us. We will also be staying in the Mediterranean Village (Mediterranean Sunset Penthouse Oceanview) w/Butler service.  We arrive July 16th and depart July 23rd 2011.

You did!!  Congradulations!!  Did you get married on the beach?  I really want to but after reading what Caroline said I don't know if we will.  Where did you stay?

Originally Posted by SarahTD View Post

Teara,

I just got married there on June 6 and loved it!  It really is as easy as it sounds.  I'm excited for you :)  You're going to have a ball.

Thank you :)  We didn't get married on the beach because of Caroline's warning also.  There were times when it didn't seem very busy so you might want to check it out before you make any decisions.  We got married in the pavilion by the reflecting pool and I absolutely loved it.  We had 10 people with us and everyone could sit comfortably and that was where we had the reception right afterward.  We stayed in the Honeymoon Oceanview Suites in the Caribbean side and the room was fantastic (though we did not have an ocean view).  It was so centrally located and very close to everything, even the restaurants on the Mediterranean side.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I will be happy to try to help.

Sarah

Originally Posted by TearaTea View Post

You did!!  Congradulations!!  Did you get married on the beach?  I really want to but after reading what Caroline said I don't know if we will.  Where did you stay?

• 1 month later...

I will be there next week for a wedding. The first wedding I did there they had their ceremony in the grass vs on the beach. It was a gorgeous spot and then there cocktail hour was right around the corner. During my trip I actually had not seen a lot of beach ceremonies done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We've just come back from our wedding at Sandals Grande Antigua last week.   We opted for the gazebo opposite the reflections pool & also had our evening reception there.  We had 6 people in total & it was an ideal size. 

We stayed in the private villa with butler service & couldnt fault it at all. Absolutely loved every second.

If you need to know anything, let me know & I'll do my best to help.

Hi Jennifer,

Our wedding cost just over £10,000,  not sure what that is in USD though.  That price included flights from the UK & we stayed in a private villa with butler service.  Not sure if that helps you.  Let me know if you need any other info.

Originally Posted by jennifer11203 View Post

Hi Everyone...

Thinking about getting married in one of the Sandals resorts. Not to be too personal but can anyone give me an estimate of your weddings including stay? I not looking to spend alot prob about US$6,000-8,000.

Thanks so much,

Jennifer