Getting your DIY's, OOT Bags, Decorations to your DW... How are you doing it??

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

I don't have a plan yet. Luckily my fi has tons of family in JA. Hopefully we can ship to them ahead of time.

#12 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

What are family and friends for? To bring our extra stuff lol Good thing for me is most have to travel to fly out location so i will see them before the airport!!!

#13 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

I've been wondering this. We'll be taking a pre-wedding trip around 6 months before the wedding so if I've been organised enough to get some stuff by then, I'm going to ask the wedding co-ordinator if they can store it for me. The problem is we probably won't have final guest numbers by then, so I won't know how much stuff to take for the OOT bags. FI has a friend who lives there, so I could always ship to him (as long as he promises not to peek!)

#14 dcairns

• 347 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Yes, i'm using my bridal party and family and distributing items around.  I just changed my centerpieces to baskets instead of glass for this reason.

#15 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

I didn't think I'd end up bringing a lot of stuff but it sort of seems like that is what is happening. I just plan to bring a ton of suitcases, and same with FI and I purchased a few things and had them shipped to a BM who lives in the US (shipping so much cheaper!) so she might have an extra bag to check possibly.

For a lot of the OOT bag stuff we are going to make a costco or walmart trip when we get there. If it's stuff we know we can get there I'd rather just do that.

#16 mimi73

• 282 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

We are distributing our stuff between friends and family. We are also traveling with our 3 kids so we automatically have some extra baggage allowance right there :)

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#17 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

That's great. For some reason, I hadn't thought of using the bridal party's baggage allowance. H2B also has 3 brothers who probably won't be taking much so they can stick a few things in their bags too!

#18 SassyCass

• 155 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

After checking out the prices to ship from STL to Mexico, I think we're going to have some of our immediate family bring an extra bag (and we'll have copies of all the receipts for everyone since they will be traveling with us).

#19 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

I'm still going and back and forth with this too (I have a ways to go before I need to decide though).  I'm nervous about shipping with all the customs stories you hear so I asked my WC.  She gave me the name of the import/export company they use but it's geared more towards conventions so the minimum cost would be ridiculous for the OOT bags.  Most of our family/friends who are attending don't live in the same city as us so we don't have many people to recruit for carrying/checking bags on the flight.  We are considering making a trip about a month before to get all our legal work done and maybe some other last minute things so we could possibly bring them then.  I'll have to check with the WC to see how long they will store something - for some reason I'm thinking it's a few weeks, not months. 

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#20 sxcT

• 1,282 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

I plan on having my friends and family carry stuff down.  Since I need more room for my clothes and accessories I'll just hand off the extra to others.  My girls only need a bathing suit and a dress for the wedding so why not haha!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users