Sign in to follow this  

I really enjoyed making our slideshow for our welcome dinner. It was a huge hit with our guests and left tears in everyones eyes. Since we got back I have made 2 more (one for a birthday party and one for a funneral.) They are pretty time consuming but it is something I enjoy doing and it is a creative outlet for me.

I am kicking around the idea of starting a side business creating slideshows. What do you think? Is this something that you would be interested in? Do you see a need for it with our forum girls? If so what would you pay for a 3-5 minute slideshow that is set to music of your choice and can be played on any DVD player? Thanks for your honnest advice - I know you wont lead me down the wrong path! popcorn.gif

I think there is a need for it as many people are not computer literate, but I have no idea how much someone would charge for it.

Hmm Do you have a sample of what you did? If you able to produce something like the photographers do, then I say go for it. Price, hmm I was charged $100.00 for my slideshow so depending on the quilty will depend on the rate to charge.

I think that is a great idea! Many people love slide shows but cant create them themselves. As for price, I would say around $80-$100 depending on how detailed they want it to be. Obviously if they wanted it longer then 5 minutes I would charge more.

I think it's a great service to offer and I checked the $150 price range because I know things are higher priced in California than other parts of the country. So when Tammy said she paid $100 (and she's in Michigan), then I'd say $150 as a base price for a certain length of time (either based as slide count or time count) and then establish pricing tiers (like $25 for every 5 slides/5 minutes type thing)...

I have just started to do this sometimes on the "side" myself. Nothing official yet. The biggest 'target audience' I get is from graduations. I've also done them for like sports banquets. I just created one for a company's annual banquet as well. I am working on one now for a family reunion at the end of the month. Ideas are endless.

You wont really make a lot of money by just selling 1 per function. I usually give a discount to the host of the function if they allow me to sell the dvds at their function. Parents love this!

Other ideas:

* Mother's/Father's Day presents

* Retirement parties

* Anniversary parties

As far as price, I kind of tailor it to how long they want they dvd,how many pics they want to include, # of captions, how many songs, etc.

Hope this helps :~)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
I think it's a great service to offer and I checked the $150 price range because I know things are higher priced in California than other parts of the country. So when Tammy said she paid $100 (and she's in Michigan), then I'd say $150 as a base price for a certain length of time (either based as slide count or time count) and then establish pricing tiers (like $25 for every 5 slides/5 minutes type thing)...
Except that is the price I paid for Juan to do it in Cabo... I think it is his flat rate.

I say around $100. I can't see me paying more than that for it, I would try to do it on my own first, before paying more than $100. But, some people would pay more. I think you should maybe start at $100 for around 3 mins, and charge more from there. I think that is fair.

This is a tough one. I have professional software and am doing my own but couldn't imagine paying over $50 for it but I know it is very time consuming. This is one of those things that would be need to be laid out for the customer letting them know they will receive x amount of hours of work for a certain amount of footage.