Boys and Spas ...what do you think?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by JANET1111
    lol you girls are funny because I totally agree with the idea of "How can you NOT want that stuff" so I guess I just need to figure out if he really would like it but doesn't know it...or if he would not care and I can save my $300 :)

I got him to go to the tanning salon with me last night! Victory Janet! lol

I say if hes not into it, then its not worth the money spent. I was thinking of trying to convince Ryan to go tanning a little before our wedding and I think I would have to drive him 2 towns over to some incognito tanning salon in order to get him to agree to it. Some guys are just not open to these things. I wish he was but, it is what it is.
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

• 486 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

janet-Hey if your FI doesn't want the spa treatment, the more $ to spend on yourself! My FI is totally into being pampered, he thinks all the treatments and products are worth the money. We just went to The Hotel Mandaly Bay in June and got massages and facials, it was the best!

#13 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:29 PM

Janet - I think you should definitely go for a massage for him. And like Karla suggested, do a couples massage so you can show him what to do (remember the first time you got a massage?)

BEWARE! I took my honey up to Napa Valley about 6 months ago for a little get away. I had previously tried to get him to see my regular massage therapist & he just never would. OK, so he stayed in the spa in Napa longer than I did after the massage! He was all in the men's locker room using the steam bath, the sauna, the whirlpool. He used all of the frilly spa products they put out (shampoo, lotion,etc). Now he's a total undercover spa enthusiast! What have I done? He can't wait for his next treatment (and that's what he actually calls them now!)

#14 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JANET1111
          Do your men like these treatments? Are they worth the $$$? Should I just book him a normal old barber haircut and stop caring, or do you think it's worth it to splurge, especially if he doesn't seem to care? Just looking for some opinions... Thanks!
          Ha! My FI just called to say he booked us spa appointments this weekend. I love having a metrosexual FI!

I was just talking with him this morning about getting a pedicure since he is going barefoot on the sand, but he's a bit resistent to that. A steam and a massage? He's proactive about getting them "for us."

Anyway - most of our guy friends get massages - but not frilly ones! The most adventerous they'll go for is a hot stone massage. Here's a tip - schedule him for a 50 minute head and foot massage if he seems resistant to a full body massage. That will get him hooked!
          Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#15 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:13 AM

I think once he's there he will love it. Chris reminds me that it's time to get a pedicure these days because he won't go alone

#16 Janet

• VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:16 PM

Thanks again for all your advice, ladies. I have decided to start small, and I booked a nice haircut and shave at a men-only salon here in DC. They say to set aside 90 minutes, so I think there is a head/neck massage in there as well. I hope he enjoys it and feels relaxed, but doesn't get so addicted that we start going broke at the spa :) I'll let you know how it goes!

#17 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

Sounds like a good plan Janet. Although, you never know- you might be creating a monster!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users