Photo

am i being unreasonable?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#101 SunnyDBride

SunnyDBride
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

It is their vacation, I agree, but I think it is inappropriate. I mean, why would you do that at someone's wedding celebration. I understand being upset and especially since none of their friends and family are there, it shouldn't be done. If he really wants to do it, he should wait until the day after the wedding in my opinion. The reason they are going on this vacation anyway is because of your wedding so that should be the focus of the weekend I feel.

#102 gabishort34

gabishort34
    • 80 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Totally understand where you are coming from. This is your wedding and it is YOUR trip, NOT HIS.  If he wants go propose to her, tell him to take her on vacation to Mexico! 

#103 hzak1203

hzak1203
      • 177 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:34 PM

I understand where you are coming from and think you are absolutely meeting half way by asking that he do it after your big day:)

#104 slyn

slyn
        • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Touchy subject.  I say as long as its not on my wedding day, go for it!  Why not share the happiness of love, yours is what is bringing them this opportunity, what better way to celebrate your love then with the people you love getting to the same Happily Ever After!

#105 Teira1031

Teira1031
          • 766 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

i wouldnt be too happy about that either! its your wedding week and you deserve the attention

#106 elisamarie

elisamarie
            • 222 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

I don't think you're being unreasonable. I don't agree with people getting engaged at other people's weddings. Let the couple have their day, or in your case , week. He should propose to her on their own time in their own special way. Maybe even before they leave for your wedding, that way the vacation would be even more exciting since they would be engaged.

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#107 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
              • 173 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

If it was me, i would agree to them doing it after the wedding.. not before and definately not on the day!

#108 gmaurinm

gmaurinm
                • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:38 AM

I don't know, I can see why it would be upsetting but at the same time, for him it's a good opportunity and a good story but i also think it would be better the day after

tell us how it turns out

#109 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
                  • 323 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. My FI has confirmed that his BM will not be proposing before the wedding but the day after. He and the Mrs to be will have another 3 days to celebrate their engagement in Mexico. I think that is fair. I will keep you all posted; exactly 2 months today we will be flying out!

#110 Sjnovot

Sjnovot
                    • 154 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

Its totally not cool to propose to his gf right before your wedding.  I feel like it would steal from your special time.  I agree with your FH and the guy should wait until another day after the wedding for at home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users