Newbie Post - Considering Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 kmarch

kmarch
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi everyone,

We just got engaged and we're looking at an April 2011 wedding. I've fallen in love with Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana and have read good things about it. Going to visit the travel agent this week. So exciting to get started!

I hope everyone is having as good a time as I am being engaged.

K.

#2 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
    • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Congratulations and welcome! We are actually getting married at DPB as well (May 4 2011)! If you have any questions let me know, we've done lots of planning already :)
      Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#3 sammy2882

sammy2882
      • 174 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Congrats and happy planning!!! :)

#4 Mischaka

Mischaka
        • 969 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

congrats and welcome!!!! there are plenty of info and ideas around here just take your time search. soon enough you'll be addicted!!! good luck and happy planning!!!!

#5 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#6 kmarch

kmarch
            • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Canadiansandy
              Congratulations and welcome! We are actually getting married at DPB as well (May 4 2011)! If you have any questions let me know, we've done lots of planning already :)
              Thanks, CanadianSandy. I'd love to hear about your experience so far with DPB. I'm concerned we're going to be too late booking! It's soon, but I don't want to wait it out through the summer.
              Going to the travel agent Tuesday! Wish me luck.
              K.

#7 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
              • 355 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Good luck K! Let me know how you do with the TA. We are still (un)patiently waiting for group prices from our TA for our dates. I've found a bunch online, and they are quite good from Toronto (for first week of may anyway) but it's the Calgary $ that I'm worried about.

I don't think you're too late in booking at all! We've only just booked the resort, and all our potential dates were free. Melani, the wedding coordinator at DPB, is amazing!! She responds super quickly so that should help along the booking process! Let me know if you have any questions about anything!
                Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#8 msmarmar123

msmarmar123
                • 747 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Congratulations :) Welcome to the forum!

#9 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
                  • 168 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Congratulations!! I've booked DPB for May 11, 2011 & am super excited! I had no trouble with booking the date & like Canadiansandy said, Melani has been really helpful & responsive!

#10 Mkandola

Mkandola
                    • 200 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:56 PM

Congratulations! I am sure you will love any place that you pick! I recently came back from a wedding at Dreams Punta Cana and it was beautiful (mind you, the guest rooms were a little bit dated, and not as modern as I had expected!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users