Photo

As IF!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kevnanna

kevnanna
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

So I've come to the realization, that I SUCK at DIY, and it dissapoints me to no end, I want to be able to do a BP STD for my guests to enjoy, but I can't for the life of me figure the templates and terms out, seriously I'm 33 and I need someone to hold my hand, HOW SAD IS THAT!

And then I'm completely lost when it comes to templates, everyone seeems to have done their own, and yay I could pay someone to do one for us, but then how do I use it!! do I print it off, and then what

When did I become so incompetent?? lol

Off I go to post stalk some more, and hope and pray a DIY faerie drops in my lap!

#2 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Good luck!! I'm just as bad! I tried but it just didn't look as nice as the others i've seen. and because of that I will pay someone who has that DIY talent to make my invites. lol

#3 heartbeat

heartbeat
      • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

Good Luck! I found this one on here not sure which BDW bride i got it from but it's a really really easy for me make my own which is why I picked this one above the other options that were out there.....I used it as my invite but i do believe that the original poster used it for her STD.... Hope it can help!

#4 heartbeat

heartbeat
        • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Good Luck! I found this one on here not sure which BDW bride i got it from but it's a really really easy for me make my own which is why I picked this one above the other options that were out there.....I used it as my invite but i do believe that the original poster used it for her STD.... Hope it can help!

#5 kevnanna

kevnanna
          • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

@Mischaka- I may very well be paying a talented DIYer to do the "dirty work" for me, and I'll just print it off, lol, I can't even figure out how to put together a Monogram, it's kind of embarassing!

@heartbeat- Thank You for the link, but I need to get my numbers up before I can see any attachments! so hopefully soon!!!

Either way I'm still thankfully waiting for the TA to get back to me, so I can slowly get my eggs in the basket (look for vendors :) ) and the I'll be all set to print and send!!!

#6 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
            • 528 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

I am not a DYI person either. Don't be too hard on yourself.

#7 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
              • 204 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Don't worry. I would come on here all through my planning process and be so jealous and in awe of all of these ladies that had amazing crafting abilities. Things would have never come together if it weren't for my friends who are artsy.

#8 lisa203

lisa203
                • 681 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Don't feel bad. You get an A for trying from me!
                  I'm not the best at DIY either but I refuse to give up. Happy planning!

#9 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
                  • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:34 PM

Oh I feel for you! I'm not a natural DIY girl myself, but my MOH has done loads of DIY projects for her wedding (and actually enjoyed doing them!). Have you tried asking any of your friends/BMs if they are DIY-inclined and would like to help out? Good luck!
                    Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#10 jk1101

jk1101
                    • 2,582 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kevnanna
                      So I've come to the realization, that I SUCK at DIY, and it dissapoints me to no end, I want to be able to do a BP STD for my guests to enjoy, but I can't for the life of me figure the templates and terms out, seriously I'm 33 and I need someone to hold my hand, HOW SAD IS THAT!

And then I'm completely lost when it comes to templates, everyone seeems to have done their own, and yay I could pay someone to do one for us, but then how do I use it!! do I print it off, and then what

When did I become so incompetent?? lol

Off I go to post stalk some more, and hope and pray a DIY faerie drops in my lap!
                      Do not feel bad- I am not DIY or crafty - i was very excited to make labels on Vistaprint, but that was as far as it went - I had everything made for me and I'm ok with that - anything I made would have looked like a child's art project! Plus I would have had to buy a new printer, all kinds of cutting things...not worth it to me. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users