Coconut Bar- Riu MoBay

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TaniBBurwell

TaniBBurwell
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

Hey all!

My FI and I are getting married at 4pm. We figured that after the ceremony and before the wedding dinner (starts at 6:30pm) while we're taking photos... that we can provide a cocktail hour with hord'oeuvers and drinks.

However, we are getting married at the plaza gazebo. It appears that a bar (I think the Coconut Bar) is adjacent to the wedding location.

Did any of y'all pay for an open bar? Or were you able to drink at the Coconut Bar after the ceremony without an issue?

Also, did any of your guests appreciate the hord'oeuvers?

Thanks so much!

#2 2Blessed2Stress

2Blessed2Stress
    • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

This is a good question, and something I'm interested in hearing. Our wedding is also at 4pm, in the plaza gazebo, at Riu MoBay. However, we're having 100 guests and DO NOT want to pay for an open bar for all these ppl, lol.

#3 Perplexy

Perplexy
      • 207 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

We got married at the beach gazebo and really just hung out (in the rain, no less) together for the few hours before dinner.  I had 30 guests, so it was easy to keep track of everyone.  We just made out way indoors (in fact, right next to the plaza gazebo) and got our drinks from the bar there. 

My wedding was at 2, so there was a lot of time to kill.  I'm not the type to fuss over unnecessary things, so we all just informally limed around for the few hours before the dinner.  No need to spend anything extra on booze.  Seriously!  It's an all-inclusive resort!  :)

http://tickers.Ticke....4a37/event.png

~Stay positive and love your life!~

#4 TaniBBurwell

TaniBBurwell
        • 57 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

So... I spoke with the new Riu MoBay coordinator (Nekeisha). 

Apparently, it's $10 per person for the open bar.... Not because of the alcohol.  However, you would be paying for privacy.  I think that m FI and I will not go with the open bar.  After all, we figured that people will be watching the ceremony.  So, they might as well mingle with us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users