Photo

What are you wearing under your dress?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

There must be a thread out there about this, but I can't find it. Please feel free to direct me to it if you know where it is!

What foundation garments will you be wearing under your dress? I know many of us are concerned about the heat-factor, so will you be wearing a longline/corset bra underneath? Or will you just let the boning in your dress do the stabilizing work and be free on one more layer?

I didn't think I wanted to wear a longline bra, but now I'm reconsidering with my alterations coming up. I'm definitely going to wear some sort of Spanx-type get-up to prevent- what I love to call- my "Chub Rub" area...between the thighs.

What will you gals be doing/have done? Maybe this thread is premature and should discuss this with my seamstress?

TIA!

#2 Mrsstivers

Mrsstivers
    • 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:39 PM

I hadn't even though of it... but its a good idea for a thread. Geesh now you've got me thinking. My dress is heavy & hot enough on its own. But I am too busty to not wear something confining. IDK...
      The Future Mrs. Stivers

#3 midnight24

midnight24
      • 754 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

i didn't wear a bra and i wore lace beige panties. they were comfortable and you couldn't see them. i had padding sewn into the top.

it was sooo hot i couldn't even imagine wearing more clothing underneath.

#4 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
        • 266 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

Thanks, girls. I'm wondering if not wearing a corset-type bra is more the norm for hot destination weddings...I'm beginning to wish I would have opted for a corset-back dress to get that super purdy figure!

#5 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
          • 528 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by midnight24
            i didn't wear a bra and i wore lace beige panties. they were comfortable and you couldn't see them. i had padding sewn into the top.

it was sooo hot i couldn't even imagine wearing more clothing underneath.
            Great idea to have padding sewn into the top.

#6 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

I am wearing a long line corest bra and personalized underwear saying Mrs. ______. I'm sure it will be warm but I am very busty and my dress is not supportive so I need the corset. Its my wedding, I can suffer a little.

#7 spicytuna

spicytuna
              • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

you can always have your bra built right into your dress - it's nice because then you won't have to worry about tugging at your bra if you're in a strapless!

#8 debbmach

debbmach
                • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

i'm just wearing a sexy pair of boy shorts..super comfy, and no bra.
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#9 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
                  • 307 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

there are actually a bunch of links on this. just search undergarments or spanx.

I had bra cups sewn into my dress. I am also going to wear spanx (the ones that go to your regular waist, not the high ones). My dress has a built-in corset, so no need for a bra.

#10 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
                    • 452 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

loving the "Chub-Rub" comment lol . . .I too have not even thought about this - it's so hard because it is going to be so hot that the dress alone is too much material - but than again our minds will be elsewhere the entire day to not even think about how hot we are in dresses!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users