Photo

Steph's STD postcards...Creative or Confusing?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 SDSteph

SDSteph
  • 812 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

I am doing postcards from Vista print the back will have some wording and addresses.

I am still playing with the fonts a little. What do you think? Is it stupid?

Please excuse the low quality jpg. Any tips or advise are greatly appreciated. Cheers

Click the image to open in full size.
    Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#2 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

hmmm maybe I am missing something but I don't really get it

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

With all the junk mail, I might accidentally throw this away cause it looks like an adveritsement a little too much.

I also dont really get it. Online = go to my wedding website?

#4 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
        • 2,727 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Ditto Im with the rest of the girls...maybe you should add in other wording advising them to check out your site...
          He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
          My Planning Thread

#5 nicdeb928

nicdeb928
          • 293 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

i thought it was very cute and creative....i understood what it was for instantly :)

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Just to be clear- is this the first way your family and friends will find about the details of your wedding, or has something else gone out? I'm kinda confused. LIke what is it for?

I think the pic is cute and I'm all about word play, but maybe something else that explains the intent more? LIke are you saying "go online to check out your wedding details?"
              Happily married since 2008

#7 SDSteph

SDSteph
              • 812 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

Yes.....on the back it will have a little paragraph that says that invitations will follow.....this is the save the date......information about the website.....hotel.....etc.

We have already sent out a long detailed letter explaining the whole thing to everyone.

I just wanted to kinda remind everyone to rsvp and visit the website! Sorry I should have provided more info!
                Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

OK I gotcha. I think it's cute and you can kinda play more into the word play on the back. I do agree with Erika that it's very similar to an ad so I'd make sure your website and name stick out more- could be the jpg quality.
                  Happily married since 2008

#9 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
                  • 543 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

If everybody has already received a letter explaining everything, then I think they will know what this is refering to once they get it. But I do agree that your name should be very prominant so the card doesn't get trashed mistakenly as "junk mail."

#10 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                    • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

Maybe try adding a monogram to the front, so they don't think it's junk and throw it away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users