A wedding with 1 attendant for each side?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mrsstivers

• 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

Okay, I am lost as how to go about this... my fiance and I each have one attendant (A week ago we had none, but some friends changed their minds. Yippee!)

So I wonder do I have the attendants stand at the "altar" from the very beginning? I feel like it would look goofy to have them walk down the aisle since they are the only ones.

Another question, do I play music as I walk? There will only be 2 guests there watching!

And lastly my invitations are going out next week. I know who told me that they would try and then didn't end up booking... what has your experience been? I am hoping these people will book at the last moment.
    The Future Mrs. Stivers

#2 MayBride2010

• 204 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:58 PM

I only had a Bestman and a Matron of Honour. Our bestman stood at the altar with the groom. The Maid of Honour walked down the aisle by herself. It turned out perfectly.

#3 Mrsstivers

• 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

Okay thanks!! I just don't want to look odd, but then again no one will be there to see! LOL
        The Future Mrs. Stivers

#4 miss_delerium

• 543 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

I was having this dilemma too. I didn't know if the bestman and MOH should walk down the aisle together, considering they are the only attendants. I like the idea of having the bestman at the altar, and having the MOH just walk down by herself.

#5 smtc0245

• 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

My FI and I are also only having 1 attendant each and my FI Bestman is actually a girl so I am just having her stand with him and my matron of honour will walk down the isle just before me. We are going alittle untraditional especially since it is just a symbolic ceremony because we already had our Legal ceremony.
            Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#6 Rachel&Chris2011

• 183 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

good luck

#7 BecaJ

• 75 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:41 AM

I think if it were me I'd have the bestman and the maid of honor waiting at the alter and I would like to walk down the asile with my fiance.

With regards to the music, if it's something that you want to have then go for it. The number of guests shouldn't determine anything, it's still your big day. I'd definately still have music. I'd do everything the same if I had a hundred guests or if it was just me and my fiance.x

#8 Mrs.S2B

• 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

We will have my junior bridesmaid walk down first, then MOH and BM and then me.  Small and special.

#9 dreamsmaybride

• 168 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

I'm also only having one BM & one MOH.  Up until now I hadn't really thought about it but I really like the idea of the BM arleady at the alter & the MOH walking the aisle by herself.

I say if you want to walk to music, do it!  It's your day & it doesn't matter if its only your FI & you!!

#10 Iamalldiva

• 163 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

I to have a similar situation...

My FI only has 2 attendants (both best men) and I have 6 attendants (1 MOH & 5 Bridesmaids)... 

My plan is to have both best men stand at the alter and have all the female attendants walk down the aisle.  I will have the MOH stand at the alter and a reserved front row for the remaining bridesmaids to sit during the ceremony.

Does this sound OK or any other ideas???

Feedback ladies? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users