Help I'm stressing! Anyone concerned with getting sick, burned etc...before wedding?
Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:57 AM
Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:33 AM
Looking back though it's obvious why - pancakes with chocolate sauce for breakfast, burgers and chips for lunch and Mexican chilli / fajita's for dinner! Not too mention the snacks and (all) the alcohol - think it took me 2 days to work my way through the cocktail list!!
So this time I'm just going to be sensible - plain healthy food, make sure I drink plenty of water and limit the alcohol! I have a whole week there before we get married, but I'm sure I'll make up for it the week after!!
Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:12 AM
I worried mostly about Tan Lines, but I also was afraid of getting sick,
I got Married on a Wednesday and we arrived in cancun on a SUNDAY. I will admit, I didn't watch what I ate..LOL I enjoyed the food too much. But I did make sure I wore my Strapless bathing suit everyday before the Wedding. I know you said that it wasn't an option for you, But it doesn't mean you still can;t enjoy the sun.If you want to lay out, just put your straps down while your laying down. When your not laying out, try not to linger in the sun. Most places have those little hut things to give you shade by the pool and on the beach.
Your going to have a great wedding. Don't worry about all of this.
Once I got there, I forgot I was even worried about anything and it all worked out!
| Originally Posted by miss_delerium |
Ack...I didn't even think of all these things to worry about!! MY biggest worry at this point is that I'm going to get my period either right before we leave, or while we're there I get VERY bad cramps about every second month.
Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:40 AM
Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:11 AM
I stayed out of the sun as much as possible and when I was in it I went overboard with the sunscreen. We had a site visit with the WC that was basically all day outside and I literally sprayed on the sunscreen every 20 minutes or so. It was ridiculous but it worked. As for the food I like to eat so I did and I had no issues thankfully
Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:20 AM
Also, if you are going to reach that time of the month and are on the BC pill just take it straight through and you won't get it. My Doctor says it fine to do this and I have done it several times without any problems.
Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:50 PM
As for food, I tried to stick with chicken, rice, veg. - normal stuff I would eat at home. And drink PLENTY of bottled water! I only had a few alcoholic beverages leading up until the wedding day, but I still have a great time . Get lots of sleep - trust me, these things work. I still fully enjoyed myself with my guests while doing all of this.
Also, I went to the gym or ran on the beach in the morning. This was a great stress reliever and it was so nice to be out on the beach in the early morning, plus it helped cause I knew I was still consuming more calories despite watching it. Even if it was just 30 min a day to myself, I squeezed in some exercise (after the wedding, forget it - I took the whole week off haha!).
Have a great time and enjoy every second because it goes by so quickly! My best advice is to savor every wonderful moment and have tons of fun
Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:14 PM
Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:42 PM
Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:32 PM
| Originally Posted by 007bride |
Is anyone else concerned about getting sick, burned, tanlines, breaking out, or gaining weight before ceremony?
I just don't feel like I'll be able to relax before the wedding day & it's kind of a waste to go 3 days before if I'm just trying to prevent all the what if's.
How much weight will you really gain in 3 days? You'll be fine. Just don't go overboard.
If you break out your photographer will be able to fix up your shots. Keep makeup handy.
Getting sick, well I hate to be the downer of the group but this is out of your control. I've been to the Dominican 5 times and not even one day was sick. Here is my wedding day story . . .
Leading up to the wedding (arrived Saturday, wedding Thursday):
- Didn't stress about anything
- Took catamaran excursions (constantly reapplied sunscreen)
- Laid under Palapa Huts on the beach
- Forgot to apply sunscreen before going in pool - got burnt, had tan lines, but honestly didn't really care and it wasn't that bad
- I ate the same type of foods I normally do at home
- Stayed away from lots of fruit, salads, drinks, and burgers (as they may not be cooked fully)
My wedding day:
- 9am breakfast of bacon, potatoes, orange juice, eggs
- Room service at noon and had pasta
- Drank lots of ice water (LOTS of ice)
- Stayed cool and tried to avoid the heat
- Got married at 3:00
- Did photo's but had an "emergency" bathroom break around 5pm (but didn't feel sick)
- Headed to the beach for more photo's at 6pm, but as we started to walk, I puked in the flower hedge - twice. (I haven't puked since 2003, not even after drinking!)
- got to room, ripped off all my clothes, grabbed the garbage can and stayed there all night while my guests and hubby enjoyed the reception (I made him go)
- had numerous other problems/accidents (involving changing the sheets and having a shower), then just had an upset stomach from 8:30pm and on.
Like I said, this is out of your control. What's the point of stressing about the problems? Do what you can and enjoy your time.
Read my full story of problems at the following link:
- I tried to stay in the shade and I wore a TON of SPF30.
- I tried to stick with chicken, rice, veg. - normal stuff I would eat at home.
- PLENTY of bottled water!
- I only had a few alcoholic beverages leading up until the wedding day
- Get lots of sleep
- Have a great time and enjoy every second because it goes by so quickly! My best advice is to savor every wonderful moment and have tons of fun
http://www.michaelsteingard.comMichael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs