Have any of you girls gone with Claudia Rodriguez for photography?

She is not available the day of my wedding but her associates Erick or Citlalli are. I can't decide between which one. Has anyone dealt with either Erick or Citlalli. I'm leaning towards Erick.

Also, I had told Claudia that I wanted some photos at sunset and she told me that this isn't possible because there is no sunsethuh.gif I don't get it. I must be missing something. I am almost positive that I have seen other pics of weddings and it's at sunset. Am I wrong?

I know some girls and guys on this forum went with both Claudia, and her associates - I just can't remember who! I am sure they will pipe in though - you could also try searching for their names, I am sure a few threads will come up.

As for no sunset, ummmmm .... no sunset? This seems strange. Maybe a language barrier?

I'm actually using Claudia for my wedding. However, I have heard excellent reviews of both Erick and Citlalli. Claudia's website also shows samples of each of her associates' work. I'll try to find the reviews from other DW brides of Erick and Citlalli. The sunset response confuses me. Claudia is really nice and accomodating, so I'm not sure what she meant by that. What time is your ceremony scheduled for?

Claudia wasn't available for my wedding either so I chose Citlalli and I have heard wonderful things about her. I've also heard wonderful things about Erick, I think I just like Citalli's style a little bit more than Erick's but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

As for the sunset, I can't remember if it has something to do with dreams or cancun in general, but the sun doesn't set on that side or something, so it goes very quick which doesn't really give you time for sunset pictures. let me see if I can find the post, because I know someone else had this conversation with her too.

okay, I found it, this was the reponse susan got from claudia regarding sunset, it doesn't last very long and the buildings block the sunset from this side of the resort, here it is:

6:26 Sunset (What time do Bride and Groom need to FOR SOME REASON SOMETHING GOES A LITTLE LATE THEN YOU WON'T MAKE IT FOR SUNSET BUT ANYWAYS YOU DON'T SEE MUCH OF THE SUNSET FROM THE DREAMS IN CANCUN SUNSETS HAPPEN IN THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE OCEAN AND IN THE CASE OF THE DREAMS THE BUILDINGS BLOCK THE VIEW....sneak out of the reception?)

thanks girls for the replies...I've looked at both of their portfolios on the website earlier, still can't make up my mind. I never knew I was soo indecisive until it came to planning my wedding....shush...

about the sunset....i'm not really sure what she meant........our wedding is at 3 but I had read on a website that the sunset is at 5:56 that day (I think) so I had asked her if we could get a few shots and that's when she told me that there is not a sunset...I guess we will find out the day of the wedding...hope to get a few though

On some of the other girls pics that I have seen at Dreams I am almost positive that I seen a sunset. But Claudia does seem very nice and very willing to work with you with just about anything. And she is very on top of things.....she emailed me back within a 1/2 an hour. Talk about speedy huh. I wish the WC from Dreams were this quick. <--I guess i'm dreamin about this!!

I didn't read all the responses so I apologize if this was already mentioned...

I like them both, but I like Citali's style.

The sun sets on the other side of Dreams that is why they said you couldn't get sunset pictures.

I was also debating between Erick and Citlalli. They are both wonderful. I ended up chosing Citlalli because she is a woman. I know it's a silly reason, but that was the only way I could break the tie. I thought maybe I'd be just a little more comfortable getting dressed, etc. in front of her. I'm pretty sure they are married... I think Kimiko mentioned that they both came to meet with her the day before her wedding.

Claudia has be an absolute saint to work with! She is working with our budget and setting up a customized package for us!

I can't wait to see Kimiko's pics...

That's what I was thinking that I would be more comfortable with Citlalli because she is a woman. But I kinda liked Erick pics better...but I liked Citlalli pics also....ohhh, I don't know...maybe I'll make James (fiance)decide.