Jump to content

Photo

Punta Cana Photographers?


  • Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#51 megsosborn

megsosborn
  • Newbie
  • 70 posts

    Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

    I just got married last week at the Jellyfish Restaurant, stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana and used Phil Steingard/Jamie Dimitry for my photographers and Diego Cores of Bright Light for my videographer.  If anyone is interested I posted all about my wedding experience in the Jellyfish thread.  Using Phil as my photographer was the BEST decision that I made.  I think it's pretty well know down there that Phil is the photographer to get...



    #52 MsClarke724

    MsClarke724
    • Jr. Member
    • 244 posts

      Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:10 PM


      Yes!!  Especially since I want my whole wedding photographed from getting ready to reception plus a trash the dress.  We actually found it cheaper to bring our own.  This local photgrapher here is amazing and is giving us a huge discount since we are paying for his trip.  It is turning out to be cheaper that way for us!!
       

      Originally Posted by letluva5412 

      OMG I don't know which photographer to choose.  I was thinking of going with HDC because their prices seem so reasonable, but looking at photo souveneir IDK now!  Dreams Palm Beach uses Tropical Pictures, but I feel that their packages don't have a lot to offer and they're very pricey.  Does anyone else feel the same way?



       



      #53 Kris2012

      Kris2012
      • Newbie
      • 27 posts

        Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

        Hi megsosborn, can you tell me anything about prices and packages for Phil? My fiance went to a wedding in April, they used Phil, and my Fi loved him too! I emailed Phil two nights ago but no reply yet, I'm just anxious to see packages!
         

        Originally Posted by megsosborn 

        I just got married last week at the Jellyfish Restaurant, stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana and used Phil Steingard/Jamie Dimitry for my photographers and Diego Cores of Bright Light for my videographer.  If anyone is interested I posted all about my wedding experience in the Jellyfish thread.  Using Phil as my photographer was the BEST decision that I made.  I think it's pretty well know down there that Phil is the photographer to get...



         



        #54 megsosborn

        megsosborn
        • Newbie
        • 70 posts

          Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

          Kris2012,

          I believe that his price changes depending on how many other weddings he can book during the week that you want him but expect something around $2,600.00.  He is absolutely the best down there.  Phil just actually sent me around 100 images last Friday because he knew that we were having our first (we're having 3) and smallest at home reception this past Saturday and he wanted to make sure that we had images for our guests to see.  I didn't have to ask him to do this he called me on his own :)  We will be receiving all our digital images in about 10 days and I can't wait to see them!!!  Any other questions, I'd be happy to help!



          #55 Kris2012

          Kris2012
          • Newbie
          • 27 posts

            Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

            Thank you! It seems expensive but I really like his work and pictures are sooo important to me. Thank you for helping out:) He still hasn't emailed back yet...I think I will try again in a couple of days, I just don't want to seem too pushy but I'm anxious to hear from him.
             

            Originally Posted by megsosborn 

            Kris2012,

            I believe that his price changes depending on how many other weddings he can book during the week that you want him but expect something around $2,600.00.  He is absolutely the best down there.  Phil just actually sent me around 100 images last Friday because he knew that we were having our first (we're having 3) and smallest at home reception this past Saturday and he wanted to make sure that we had images for our guests to see.  I didn't have to ask him to do this he called me on his own :)  We will be receiving all our digital images in about 10 days and I can't wait to see them!!!  Any other questions, I'd be happy to help!



             



            #56 ginamapi

            ginamapi
            • Newbie
            • 42 posts

              Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

              Hi!! I think we may go with Katya Nova.www.katyanovablog.com She is in Canada but is moving to Punta Cana in October so we will save on the travel costs. She's around $3,000-$4,500. I'm from NY so I'm used to photographers bieng $5k-$7k for weddings and I really want my iamges to be amazing. Alot of the DR photographers editing doesnt look that great and some look like very basic photos and I know we definitely want more than that. There are other photograhpers I like but their packages start at $3k and they are in the US so now I have to add on air and hotel which is putting it way over my budget. Gene Kosoy also looks really good. http://www.gkwedding...nation-weddings



              #57 spaterson

              spaterson
              • Newbie
              • 123 posts

                Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

                Do you have the contact information for Phil? Sounds great!



                #58 Bride2012

                Bride2012
                • Banned
                • 442 posts

                  Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

                  Here's his site and his contact

                   

                  www.steingardstudios.com

                  Phone: (705) 435-4014 



                  #59 Kris2012

                  Kris2012
                  • Newbie
                  • 27 posts

                    Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

                    Phil's website is http://www.steingardstudios.com/#home/
                     

                    Originally Posted by spaterson 

                    Do you have the contact information for Phil? Sounds great!


                     

                     



                    #60 Tipstein

                    Tipstein
                    • Newbie
                    • 3 posts

                      Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

                      One of the most important purchases of our wedding was the photographer and we couldn't have been happier.  We hired Photo Souvenir and they were everything we hoped for and more!!   We chose them because they not only came highly recommended, but we were very impressed by the work displayed on their website, not to mention the website itself.  Severine was our photographer and Renu was our videographer and there wasn't a moment that they missed.   Our guests were amazed at how hard they worked.....the 2 of them were on their feet all 8 hours!  We haven't seen our video yet, but the photos are unreal!  Severine captured everything and everyone from various points of view.....my husband and I enjoyed our wedding that much more after we looked through the pictures and saw all the emotion and fun that surrounded us.  Severine added artistic elements to the candid pictures and even made the traditional posed pictures unique, beautiful and fun....so much more memorable than a typical photographer does.  While her talents were quite evident after looking through all the pictures from the Wedding Day, nothing will ever compare to the pictures and the experience from the Trash the Dress day.  My husband and I had so much fun driving around the island with Severine and stopping at random, local areas.  The natives were so excited to welcome us to their shops and happily let us pose wherever Severine suggested.  We finished the day at a quaint and gorgeous beach and again, just followed Severine’s lead.  Between her choice of camera angles, lighting, poses, scenery and focal points plus her ability to keep my husband and I relaxed and having fun, we ended up with some of the most beautiful, serene, exciting, funny and memorable pictures of our lives!!  Now, we have been working with Severine to create our album and she has been extremely helpful, accommodating and patient.  I’m shocked at how easy, smooth and quick this process has been.  We can’t wait to see the video, but we are quite confident that it will be just as comprehensive, picturesque, artistic, emotional and memorable. We HIGHLY recommend Photo Souvenir!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users