• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#151 KatyaNova

• Vendor
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Sweet brides! 

Do you know about us yet? :) 

If you've done a google search for wedding photographers in Punta Cana, you've likely come across some of our blog posts. My amazing husband Rob & I have been living & documenting love in Punta Cana for 1.5 years and we're so passionate about telling our brides' stories! We also got married here ourselves last spring... it was so good to be a bride and it feels even better to be married! 

We've now been to & have worked with pretty well every resort/venue in Punta Cana, so let us know how we can help - we're already here! 

For now, here are our own 'confessions' from our wedding ... hope you find this helpful. 

Lastly, some advice...

If you're looking for something more special, unique and outstanding than the resort photographers for your Wedding, look into bringing an outside photographer, someone whose work you LOVE, someone with a personality & style you click with. Most resorts have a very reasonable 'outside photographer' fee from $300 - $500, well worth it. 

Some resorts change their policies on a whim; some resorts - we have a special relationship with. Also, don't be put off by high fees in some resorts or 'no outside vendor' policies - there are always exceptions in individual cases, so always ask... Lastly, some of our couples book us a night or two at the resort; this way, we are considered guests and the vendor fee doesn't apply.This may be especially convenient if we're doing a sunrise Rock the Dress session the next day. BUT this doesn't apply to all resorts. Bottom line - do your homework so that you can feel solid about having the best team for your Dream Wedding!  

Oh, and ... if you have an extra minute to get to know us,  

Hugs from the Caribbean, 

#152 Mady28

• 164 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 28, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Does anyone know if there is a vendor fee at Majestic Elegance? I am looking for it on their website and cannot find it.

#153 Jessica4LUXE

• Vendor
    • 183 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

It would be best to confirm with the onsite team directly, but for Majestic Colonial I believe it is $300USD outside vendor fee!

Happy Planning!

#154 johnm

• 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Go with HDC - you can see my review on them for more on my experience with them but to sum it up it was great! They were easy to work with and the quality was excellent. Our photographer, Milan, actually added to our wedding celebration not just by the photographs but his interaction with the guests and attitude made things even better. Everybody raved about him that day and still do to this day and the photographs were amazing too!

#155 Jenn963

• 200 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

hello brides....if any one has used Photoshop Caribe as their videographer, please please please let me know how they were.....The resort we're at uses them and although I've gone with a photographer from home, I am thinking of doin videography with Photoshop Caribe.  So if you have worked with them, i'd love to know details and also if you don't mind, sharing your videos with me :) email is jenn.963@hotmail.com ....I appreciate it!! 

#156 Amazed

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hiya, I strongly recommend Michel Weir at Caribbean Emotions! Their work is amazing.  He capture every detail and told the day like a story book!  I cannot praise them enough.  Everyone who has seen our photos and dvd commented they are the best they've ever seen - being biased, I'm inclined to agree. Definately worth a look! We got back from Dreams Punta Cana 3 weeks ago...and we're still looking at the picture on a near daily basis!.    The trash the dress session is also great fun and like I was told...they turned out to be some of our best photos!

All the best!

#157 Amazed

• 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Totally Agree...!  He did our wedding three weeks ago...! Incredible!

#158 Jenn963

• 200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

i'm sure they are great...unfortunately the hotel I'm booked at has that annoying little thing called a "vendor fee" and I refuse to pay that....and there's no way around it.  I either get my own videographer (like i did with photographer), or go with Photoshop Caribe videography.......I wish my photographer could do both but she can't....so I've got to book them separately.  This is why I hope someone out there can help me :) 

#159 kelly1218

• 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Without reservations I would recommend HDC photography. We just returned from our wedding on March 16th in Punta Cana and couldn't be more thrilled with our pictures. They definitely captured the entire wedding: big events and small details alike. We are most excited about our trash the dress pictures and would encourage you to do this! We have amazing pictures in the gardens, on the beach, in the ocean, and in the pool and my dress still looks perfect (I think the key was ending with the pool) 

#160 Romain Carretta

Romain Carretta
                  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

am french, and with my husband, we have decided to get married at the hotel Dreams la Romana. The review about the hotel photographer wasn't good. So we decide to take HDC. We don't regret. The pictures are great and help us to remember this unique moment of our like.

The contact by mail was easy, quickly answered.

The photographer, Milan, was helpful to take the position for photo, very porfessionel, great humour and smiled.

Don't hesitate taht will be the best choose that you can do and d'ont forget the picture will be the memory of this day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users