Punta Cana Photographers?

Originally Posted by danielleandadam View Post

I am looking for a photographer too... I did my research and I loved Asia Pimentel... Any recommendation?

Her work is very good! I also go on her facebook page so I can see her updated work. She's great with the emails. As a matter of fact, everytime she sends me an email she tells me of her ideas for the wedding/trash the dress session, and I feel like I'm already there. cheesy.gif

We just had our wedding at Hard Rock Punta Cana in March 2013 and we chose HDC. We can't give them a higher recommendation, they were wonderful!!! The quality of pictures and videos were amazing and they were certainly the most reasonably priced. I can say with confidence that they provide the most quality for what you pay. The photographers and videographers were incredibly nice and went above and beyond to make sure our experience was great, they knew we had a lot of stress on that special day and gave us no trouble or added responsibility. We had our pictures and edited video within 72 hrs which is unheard of in the United States. We have received an enormous amount of responses and exciting feedback on the quality and creativity of the photos.

I used HDC and highly recommend them! George was the photographer and was absolutely amazing! He had edited and printed the pictures for me the next day. My husband, guests and myself were thoroughly impressed with the quality of the photos. I was so relieved that I had chosen them!

Hey Ladies,
Just thought I would post my review of HDC Photgraphy here for any of you Destination Brides looking for a photographer in DR!

When deciding on a photographer for my destination wedding in Punta Cana, I researched HDC Photography, and found it amazing that there were no negative reviews.  Now I understand why!!  These photographers are not only professional, but incredibly easy to deal with.  From the first email I sent off to Arnaud, I was VERY quickly responded to (within an hour in most cases) and when planning a destination wedding, waiting to hear back from emails can be frustrating sometimes.  Not with HDC.  I never once had to wait days for replies from them, and all of my questions were ALWAYS answered promptly.  

The day of my wedding was so hectic I didn't even think for a moment to worry about whether or not the photographer would show up!  Haha!  I walked down the aisle and Charlie was there snapping away.  I honestly didn't even notice him there until the ceremony was over.  He managed to get the greatest pictures without even being noticed!  Haha!  After the ceremony, he introduced himself and gave us enough time to chat with our guests and have a celebratory toast before heading off to the beach for photos.  We booked the smallest package of photos which was a 3 hour session and he utilized every moment of that time.  He was creative with poses and was open to suggestions for photos that I requested, and made us all look fantastic.  At the end of our session, he told us that Arnaud would meet us the NEXT DAY at noon in the lobby of our hotel so we could view our photos.  In less than 24-hours!!!  

We arrived at the lobby just before 12 the next day, and at 12:15, Charlie came rushing into the lobby.  He informed us that Arnaud was tied up with another customer and he would be arriving in a half hour.  I found that quite respectable; he was running late and sent one of his photographers to let us know so we wouldn't be waiting and wondering where the heck he was!   When Arnaud did arrive, we sat down and went through our entire disc of photos (362 of them!!!!) and they were all fantastic!  I was so happy with them that it's going to be hard to choose which ones to frame!  Hahaha!

I must say, upon reading other reviews from brides who have used HDC for their wedding photography, I can wholeheartedly agree 100%, that if you book HDC Photography for your destination wedding, you will not be disappointed!  A fantastic group of people to work with, and a phenomenal finished product at a price you cannot beat!  I HIGHLY recommend them to ANYone!  And just so you know, they are not only Tropical destination wedding photographers, Arnaud told me that they've traveled to Canada twice and to other places as well, and apparently they only charge a small travel fee!  Still less expensive than most local photographers!  Worth checking into!  

Happy weddings!  
:)

Originally Posted by daniellemboone View Post

Hey Ladies,
Just thought I would post my review of HDC Photgraphy here for any of you Destination Brides looking for a photographer in DR!

When deciding on a photographer for my destination wedding in Punta Cana, I researched HDC Photography, and found it amazing that there were no negative reviews.  Now I understand why!!  These photographers are not only professional, but incredibly easy to deal with.  From the first email I sent off to Arnaud, I was VERY quickly responded to (within an hour in most cases) and when planning a destination wedding, waiting to hear back from emails can be frustrating sometimes.  Not with HDC.  I never once had to wait days for replies from them, and all of my questions were ALWAYS answered promptly.  

The day of my wedding was so hectic I didn't even think for a moment to worry about whether or not the photographer would show up!  Haha!  I walked down the aisle and Charlie was there snapping away.  I honestly didn't even notice him there until the ceremony was over.  He managed to get the greatest pictures without even being noticed!  Haha!  After the ceremony, he introduced himself and gave us enough time to chat with our guests and have a celebratory toast before heading off to the beach for photos.  We booked the smallest package of photos which was a 3 hour session and he utilized every moment of that time.  He was creative with poses and was open to suggestions for photos that I requested, and made us all look fantastic.  At the end of our session, he told us that Arnaud would meet us the NEXT DAY at noon in the lobby of our hotel so we could view our photos.  In less than 24-hours!!!  

We arrived at the lobby just before 12 the next day, and at 12:15, Charlie came rushing into the lobby.  He informed us that Arnaud was tied up with another customer and he would be arriving in a half hour.  I found that quite respectable; he was running late and sent one of his photographers to let us know so we wouldn't be waiting and wondering where the heck he was!   When Arnaud did arrive, we sat down and went through our entire disc of photos (362 of them!!!!) and they were all fantastic!  I was so happy with them that it's going to be hard to choose which ones to frame!  Hahaha!

I must say, upon reading other reviews from brides who have used HDC for their wedding photography, I can wholeheartedly agree 100%, that if you book HDC Photography for your destination wedding, you will not be disappointed!  A fantastic group of people to work with, and a phenomenal finished product at a price you cannot beat!  I HIGHLY recommend them to ANYone!  And just so you know, they are not only Tropical destination wedding photographers, Arnaud told me that they've traveled to Canada twice and to other places as well, and apparently they only charge a small travel fee!  Still less expensive than most local photographers!  Worth checking into!  

Happy weddings!  
:)

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for the great review!  I am also trying to find a photographer and videographer so your review is a big help.  Who did you use for your video?

Good luck to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Katya Nova Photography did our Punta Cana Wedding I was immediately impressed by their keen ability to capture life through their images as opposed to a "posed" picture. I emailed right away to inquire and Katya's prompt response made me feel like we'd been best friends for years already. They are both wonderful, fun people who love eachother and love what they do.  Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Katya and Rob were there to answer any questions we had; they know so much about the ins and outs of the resorts in DR. On the wedding day, they snapped a bazillion beautiful pictures- honestly, I don't know how we are going to choose which ones we are going to print. The beauty of that however, is we get all of our images forever. There is no picking and choosing which ones the photographer will let you have, which was something I was VERY happy about! Katya and Rob have a very special talent for making their clients feel beautiful and special. They are very real people who love eachother and love what they do. We were very lucky to have met them and were honored to have had them photograph our wedding. I don't think you can put a price on these photos, but their packages were really reasonably priced; and much better than the resort photographers.