Photo

Folding RSVP Envelopes?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

I am making boarding pass invites, and originally I wanted to have a "tear off" RSVP on the side. We found out from the post office that there is actually a minimum size that things need to be to be sent through the mail, otherwise you have to put more than double the postage on!

So FI suggested we get little envelopes that meet the size requirements and people can still "tear off" the RSVP (because I really wanted the "tear off" factor); they'll just have to put them in an envelope to send them back.

Now the problem is I can't find any envelopes that are small enough to fit in the "#10" envelopes I bought (beautiful navy blue coloured ones that I LOVE)!! So I bought the smallest envelopes I could find and FI said we could just fold them and put them inbehind the boarding passes, so it's not the first thing people will see when they open their invite.

But now I'm second guessing this? What do you ladies think? Will this look tacky and horrible??

#2 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

How about a postcard RSVP, not sure if you can get that in a tear off, but you dont have to have an envelope for those, you can just stick a stamp right on them and they can send them right back to you.

#3 *Karla*

*Karla*
      • 4,854 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

I would just fold them. Honestly, if I got an invite with a folded return envelope, I wouldn't think twice about it. But, that's just me....

#4 autjo

autjo
        • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

I believe that the #10 envelope is 4 1/8" x 9 1/2" so a 4 Bar envelope (3 5/8" x 5 1/8") would fit inside. You can buy 4 bar envelopes in several colors from paperandmore.com. I order a ton of paper from them and really like the company.

Pearlescent Metallic Envelopes, 27 Colors - Paperandmore.com

#5 autjo

autjo
          • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

This is a Paperandmore 4 Bar Dark Blue Pearlescent Metallic envelope that I embossed. It might give you an idea of the color if you want navy...

Personalized Beach Embossed Tears of Joy Packs 50 by AutumnJo

#6 autjo

autjo
            • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

This is a Paperandmore 4 Bar Dark Blue Pearlescent Metallic envelope that I embossed. It might give you an idea of the color if you want navy...

Personalized Beach Embossed Tears of Joy Packs 50 by AutumnJo

#7 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
              • 543 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by autjo
                I believe that the #10 envelope is 4 1/8" x 9 1/2" so a 4 Bar envelope (3 5/8" x 5 1/8") would fit inside. You can buy 4 bar envelopes in several colors from paperandmore.com. I order a ton of paper from them and really like the company.

I would just fold them. Honestly, if I got an invite with a folded return envelope, I wouldn't think twice about it. But, that's just me....
                This makes me feel a little better about folding them if I can't hunt down the "4 bar" envelopes in the next 2 days Thanks Karla.

#8 autjo

autjo
                • 2,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

Don't worry about it sweetie! Just fold the envelopes you have and it will be perfect. I don't think it looks bad at all.

#9 jonesharry

jonesharry
                  • 47 posts
                    • Locationwatford

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

I have never seen a folded RSVP envelope. Although, it obviously could be done.  It seems to me you have this beautiful invitation and then a folded RSVP envelope might seem odd. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users