715 replies to this topic

#691 TraceyT

TraceyT
  • 25 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 14, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Welcome and congrats! Yes, where there are weddings, there is drama. Where there are destination weddings, the drama is even larger. Sorry you had to go through that stress (I did too, except it was coming from my family) and so glad she has since changed her mind.  There are SO many resources here! It is the single best wedding planning source I found. Happy planning - hopefully the stressful part is done now!

Thanks Peach! Sorry you had to go through that with your own family, that would suck... I try to just laugh and wonder what the next "crisis" will be with her :) Good luck with your planning as well! :)

#692 Lucy79

Lucy79
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi everyone,

My finance and I got engaged two weeks ago and I am feeling overwhelmed already! I was hoping that a destination wedding would be less stressful but I am feeling a whole lot of anxiety in just picking a resort.  We are looking at getting married in Dec. of this year and have narrowed down our options to either Riu Ocho Rios or Coconut Bay Resort in St. Lucia.  They each have their pros and cons and I am nervous about making the wrong decision.  If anyone has any opinions about either I am open to hearing them.  

#693 Tonia Bruyns

Tonia Bruyns
    • 105 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hey ladies!

I'm in Ottawa and planning a wedding for January 2015! The location is up in the air and we are still looking at different places, but we have fallen in love with the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. It's already stressful knowing that some of our relatives don't travel and won't be able to come... but we are hopefully having a low key reception when we return to let them celebrate with us as well. There is a lot of planning at the beginning of organizing a destination wedding and my head is going crazy with where I am supposed to begin! Any help is awesome!

#694 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tonia Bruyns 

Hey ladies!

I'm in Ottawa and planning a wedding for January 2015! The location is up in the air and we are still looking at different places, but we have fallen in love with the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. It's already stressful knowing that some of our relatives don't travel and won't be able to come... but we are hopefully having a low key reception when we return to let them celebrate with us as well. There is a lot of planning at the beginning of organizing a destination wedding and my head is going crazy with where I am supposed to begin! Any help is awesome!

Congratulations and welcome!

Now take a deep breath and enjoy it! It is stressful, but fun too... and it goes by quickly! We had a two-year engagement (getting married in about 6 weeks!) and it feels like yesterday I said yes.

Time will fly by!

#695 StephLB

StephLB
        • 171 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hey ladies! I'm in Ottawa and planning a wedding for January 2015! The location is up in the air and we are still looking at different places, but we have fallen in love with the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. It's already stressful knowing that some of our relatives don't travel and won't be able to come... but we are hopefully having a low key reception when we return to let them celebrate with us as well. There is a lot of planning at the beginning of organizing a destination wedding and my head is going crazy with where I am supposed to begin! Any help is awesome!

I'm planning for January 2015 too! But in Florida :) Happy planning!

#696 Tonia Bruyns

Tonia Bruyns
          • 105 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by StephLB 

I'm planning for January 2015 too! But in Florida :)

Happy planning!

Awesome! Hopefully we can help each other out along the way! Have fun :)

#697 StephLB

StephLB
            • 171 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tonia Bruyns 

Awesome! Hopefully we can help each other out along the way! Have fun :)

That would be awesome :) There's a surprising amount of threads and links for us Canadian brides on here too!

#698 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
              • 160 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

Newbie from NFLD here... planning a March 2014 wedding at majestic colonial, punta cana. So excited & would love to meet other bride who are just as excited cuz my friends must be getting sick of me blah blah wedding blah blahing lol :)

#699 mairelys

mairelys
                • 117 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Welcome SammyAnne! I'm from St. John's. ^^

#700 Lucy79

Lucy79
                  • 176 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

We chose Riu Ocho Rios on Dec. 6th 2013 for our wedding.  I have been obsessed with this site since I discovered it.  It is very useful and has TONS of info and ideas.  Its great! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users