Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#651 Kelly62

Kelly62
  • Newbie
  • 27 posts

    Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

    My daughter, Tia was married at this property in April 2012.  It is a gorgeous property.  If you have any questions I would be happy to help!

     

    Kindest Regards,

     

    Kelly



    #652 triumphbliss

    triumphbliss
    • Newbie
    • 27 posts

      Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

      Originally Posted by Kelly62 

      My daughter, Tia was married at this property in April 2012.  It is a gorgeous property.  If you have any questions I would be happy to help!

       

      Kindest Regards,

       

      Kelly


      Thanks Kelly! I've sent you a PM :)



      #653 Moments That Matter

      Moments That Matter

        Diamond Vendor

      • Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

        Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

        You're right about the Grand Sunset Princess being a gorgeous wedding venue, Kelly!

         

        ....as seen here in some magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured there........showing what a great choice you made, triumphbliss!.......well done -  your wedding is going to be Amazing!!!  :)

         

        *

         

        *

         

        *

         

        team MTM asst, Lynda :)


        MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

         

         

        Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

        Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

         

        Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

        Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

        Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

         

        We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

                            100% Satisfaction Guarantee


        #654 VeronicaS

        VeronicaS
        • Newbie
        • 27 posts

          Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

          Originally Posted by triumphbliss 

          Hi there!

           

          Im getting married July 2, 2013 at the Grand Sunset Princess in Mexico. Anyone else from here planning a wedding there?

          Hi!! I am getting married there November 15 2013 =). How is your planning going?



          #655 Moments That Matter

          Moments That Matter

            Diamond Vendor

          • Insiders
          • 3,074 posts

            Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

            *

             

            Congrats VeronicaS ! hope all your plans are progressing smoothly! ..........Enjoy the process and your amazing journey ahead.......CHeers :)

             

            *

            *

            team MTM asst, Lynda :)


            MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

             

             

            Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

            Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

             

            Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

            Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

            Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

             

            We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

                                100% Satisfaction Guarantee


            #656 Kristen112808

            Kristen112808
            • Jr. Member
            • 169 posts
              • LocationChicago, IL

              Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

              Congrats and welcome!! :)



              #657 triumphbliss

              triumphbliss
              • Newbie
              • 27 posts

                Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

                Originally Posted by VeronicaS 

                Hi!! I am getting married there November 15 2013 =). How is your planning going?


                Hi VeronicaS!

                 

                We wanted to do November, but because I have a teacher who is one of my bridesmaids it was too hard to get the time off in November for her so we chose July instead. Our official date is July 2, 2013!

                 

                Planning is going well, took a while to figure it all out but we are finally getting there. We've decided on the Riviera Gazebo, dinner at an a la carte restaurant, and a private beach reception after dinner. We are still trying to decide on the restaurant we will pick which we hope to confirm by the end of this week. It looks like we will have a group of around 30-40 for us, our final RSVP date is March 15 so we will know for sure then! We have a great travel agent who is working on our group rates thats been a huge help! She's made our life a lot easier :)

                 

                How is planning going for you? Have you made any decisions?



                #658 VeronicaS

                VeronicaS
                • Newbie
                • 27 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

                  Originally Posted by triumphbliss 


                  Hi VeronicaS!

                   

                  We wanted to do November, but because I have a teacher who is one of my bridesmaids it was too hard to get the time off in November for her so we chose July instead. Our official date is July 2, 2013!

                   

                  Planning is going well, took a while to figure it all out but we are finally getting there. We've decided on the Riviera Gazebo, dinner at an a la carte restaurant, and a private beach reception after dinner. We are still trying to decide on the restaurant we will pick which we hope to confirm by the end of this week. It looks like we will have a group of around 30-40 for us, our final RSVP date is March 15 so we will know for sure then! We have a great travel agent who is working on our group rates thats been a huge help! She's made our life a lot easier :)

                   

                  How is planning going for you? Have you made any decisions?

                  I know what you mean, it took us a while to figure things out too. It is hard to make decisions without actually been there. But we have finally booked the time and places. We are having the ceremony at the Sunset Gazebo at 4 and then dinner at Chill out lounge at 7 (We might change it to 6 though). I was also thinking on having our final RSVP date about 4 months before out wedding to start buying and finalizing things, but was scared that it was too early. Now that you mention it I feel more comfortable, and I am thinking on sticking to the time frame. As of now we have around 50 confirmed. 
                  And that is great you have a great travel agent, it totally makes a different! We are really happy with ours too. She actually did a site visit a month ago, and talked to Emma the wedding planner at the resort and helped us decide which was the best place for our wedding, as well as room for our guests. It was her first time at this resort, and she said we made a great decision! so good for us!! =)
                  By the way, were are you flying from? 



                  #659 SunwingWeddings

                  SunwingWeddings
                  • Vendor
                  • 52 posts

                    Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

                    HI Newbies!

                     

                    We currently have amazing promotional rates for RIU Palace Riviera Maya, Azul Fives, Azul Beach & Azul Sensatori!Travelling from Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal and Ottawa with select departure dates! Contact us at weddings@sunwing.ca for more details and rates for your group!

                     

                    Extras:

                    For Bride and Groom – book by Mar 19, 2013, with a minimum 5 double rooms booked

                    • Complimentary upgrade to Elite Plus, subject to availability at time of booking

                    • Complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounge, available in Toronto and Vancouver airports only.

                    • $500 Anniversary Travel Voucher (per couple), with a minimum 10 double rooms booked

                     

                    Your destination wedding experience doesn’t just start on arrival in resort but before you leave Canada on board award-winning Sunwing Airlines, with:

                    • Priority Group Check-In (at select Canadian airports)

                    • Free Excess Baggage Allowance: 20 kg per group of 10 passengers (must be arranged a minimum of 7 days prior to departure)

                    • Bride and Groom Pre Boarding (at Canadian airports)

                    • Wedding Dress Care Program

                     

                    And on arrival in resort…

                    • Private Transfers for Groups of 15 or more (arriving on the same flight)*

                    • Group Concierge Service in Resort



                    #660 triumphbliss

                    triumphbliss
                    • Newbie
                    • 27 posts

                      Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

                      Originally Posted by VeronicaS 

                      I know what you mean, it took us a while to figure things out too. It is hard to make decisions without actually been there. But we have finally booked the time and places. We are having the ceremony at the Sunset Gazebo at 4 and then dinner at Chill out lounge at 7 (We might change it to 6 though). I was also thinking on having our final RSVP date about 4 months before out wedding to start buying and finalizing things, but was scared that it was too early. Now that you mention it I feel more comfortable, and I am thinking on sticking to the time frame. As of now we have around 50 confirmed. 
                      And that is great you have a great travel agent, it totally makes a different! We are really happy with ours too. She actually did a site visit a month ago, and talked to Emma the wedding planner at the resort and helped us decide which was the best place for our wedding, as well as room for our guests. It was her first time at this resort, and she said we made a great decision! so good for us!! =)
                      By the way, were are you flying from? 


                      That is so awesome that your agent was able to do a site visit! Are you able to tell me what made you choose the Sunset Gazebo? I've been going back and forth trying to figure out the best one to have our ceremony in! Its so hard when you are not there or you havent been there to really sort everything out and make the best decisions.

                       

                      We've also been second guessing the dinner at an a la carte restaurant and private beach reception after because we havent been able to find much feedback on the private beach reception. We are thinking we might switch to the chill out lounge as well! Ahh.. I'm so bad at making decisions when I cant wrap my head around all the details in person.

                       

                      We are going to be flying out of Toronto - Pearson International. How about you?

                       

                      We were hesitant on March 15 being the final RSVP date, but at the same time we realized how much will have to get done in the 3 months after we have our final numbers so we decided it was OK. The final payments for our group travel are on April 26th so we figured by March 15 most people will know if they are coming or not (hopefully!) 50 is a great number!!

                       

                      Are you doing the Jr Suites or Swim Up rooms?

                       

                      Have you gone dress shopping yet?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users