Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#611 mrsjones2014

mrsjones2014
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I have been stalking these boards for a while now, but I officially joined today. New Year means new plans! We are planning on May 2014 in Jamaica, but have not as of yet booked anything. Looking at about 4 different resorts, but that's as far as I've gotten. Any suggestions as to where I should start, feel free to pass along your wisdom!

#612 kykai

kykai
    • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi! I just got engaged during Christmas, and now I'm really excited to start planning :) we are thinking march 2014. I can't decide on the resort!i feel like that will be the hardest part.

#613 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
      • 861 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hi! I just got engaged during Christmas, and now I'm really excited to start planning :) we are thinking march 2014. I can't decide on the resort!i feel like that will be the hardest part.

WELCOME!!!!! And congrats! Have you decided where? As in Mexico? Jamaica? DR?

#614 MyTye2B

MyTye2B
        • Site Supporter
        • 185 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hello to all the Canadian Newbies!  I'm happy you found us here.  :)  I'm fairly new myself - I'd been creeping for a while but only got engaged on November 24th, 2012.  We're getting married August 19th, 2013 in Mexico.  I'm looking forward to hearing all of your plans!  Chantale, I am going to Punta Cana at the end of January for a friends wedding.  It's not at one of the resorts you listed but it IS a Dreams - Dreams Punta Cana.  I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures even though I'm sure you'll have something secured by then.  As for where to start, here is a great place!  I'm still overwhelmed by this place (even with all of my previous research, haha!) but everyone is sooo helpful and the resources are endless.  It's awesome.  Have fun!

#615 kykai

kykai
          • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

We don't really care, as long as its somewhere with a beach. It needs to be a 5 star that allows kids. And I was hoping for a smaller resort (400 rooms or less). Unfortunately, there are so many resorts that match that description! So I am looking at the wedding packages. I not sure if that is opposite of where I should start? The 'chains' of hotels that have wedding packages I was looking at are: dreams, secrets, and now resorts and spas. Any advice???? Thanks :)

#616 soonCB

soonCB
            • 264 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by mrsjones2014 

I have been stalking these boards for a while now, but I officially joined today. New Year means new plans! We are planning on May 2014 in Jamaica, but have not as of yet booked anything. Looking at about 4 different resorts, but that's as far as I've gotten. Any suggestions as to where I should start, feel free to pass along your wisdom!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

Have you decided where in Jamaica you want to go?

There is tons of info on this forum on lots of different resorts. For us it ultimately came down to price. We are staying at Riu Ocho Rios, but gettin married off resort.

Looking forward to seeing the progress and projects you ladies will have for your weddings.

#617 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
              • 861 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! Have you decided where in Jamaica you want to go? There is tons of info on this forum on lots of different resorts. For us it ultimately came down to price. We are staying at Riu Ocho Rios, but gettin married off resort. Looking forward to seeing the progress and projects you ladies will have for your weddings.

Hey sooncb how is your off resort planning coming?

#618 mrsjones2014

mrsjones2014
                • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by soonCB 

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

Have you decided where in Jamaica you want to go?

There is tons of info on this forum on lots of different resorts. For us it ultimately came down to price. We are staying at Riu Ocho Rios, but gettin married off resort.

Looking forward to seeing the progress and projects you ladies will have for your weddings.

Not decided where yet, still open. We were have a lot of guests that are coming from all over the world, Scotland, Australia, Vancouver, etc,  so we are looking into places that are large, have lots of options for things to do, and that will give us a chance to host a few activities other than the wedding. If we're going away for a week with our closest friends and families, we might as well make it a trip of a lifetime!

#619 ABCDwedding

ABCDwedding
                  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

I feel the same way. I know that we want to have our wedding in the Cancun Mexico area however I am finding it very overwhelming trying to narrow it down to one resort. Lets keep in touch :) Congratulations !!!

#620 ChantaleN

ChantaleN
                    • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by MyTye2B 

Hello to all the Canadian Newbies!  I'm happy you found us here.  :)  I'm fairly new myself - I'd been creeping for a while but only got engaged on November 24th, 2012.  We're getting married August 19th, 2013 in Mexico.  I'm looking forward to hearing all of your plans!  Chantale, I am going to Punta Cana at the end of January for a friends wedding.  It's not at one of the resorts you listed but it IS a Dreams - Dreams Punta Cana.  I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures even though I'm sure you'll have something secured by then.  As for where to start, here is a great place!  I'm still overwhelmed by this place (even with all of my previous research, haha!) but everyone is sooo helpful and the resources are endless.  It's awesome.  Have fun!

Thanks so much! I think the two (dreams palm beach and punta cana) are beside another...I may be wrong, just an impression I got though!!! Let me know how the wedding is and if there are any tips the bride recommends from a Dreams resort :)! Where are you getting married in Mexico!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users