Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#51 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:22 AM

I am getting married at Gran Bahia Principle Runaway Bay Jamaica...My cousin got marrried at the Riu Ocho Rios last year and it was beautiful. Definately recommend:)

#52 tamandrob

tamandrob
    • 349 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Ladies! The Riu Ocho Rios does look very nice and I have seen good reviews too!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#53 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
      • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

Yay!! We are confirmed...April 3 2012 will be the big day!! Super dee duper excited!!

#54 heatherd

heatherd
        • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hello, I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway bay Jamaica in March 2012 aswell.  Its not priced to bad, we also stayed at the Riu Ocho rios in Feb. and there were lots of nice weddings there everyday!! They have good wedding plans awell!  Good luck! :)

Ps I grew up in Ottawa, i'm just outside of Belleville now though, but still go back to visit a lot! 

Take care

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Hello Ladies,

I am a newbie from Ottawa and looking to have my wedding in March 2012 in Jamacia. I am trying to pick a resort with good prices for are guests. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Tammy

#55 heatherd

heatherd
          • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Awsome!!! which wedding planner are you talking with? I'm talking with Chandlyn, she seems really nice even though its over email.  She returns email fairly quick and answers all my questions.  Have you got a dress yet?

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 

Yay!! We are confirmed...April 3 2012 will be the big day!! Super dee duper excited!!

#56 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
            • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

I Just got my confirmation date today. My TA booked the date for us. I haven't talked to the resort wedding planner yet...but plan to real soon:)

#57 tamandrob

tamandrob
              • 349 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

That's awesome! I can't wait to have a resort and date booked!

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 

#58 tamandrob

tamandrob
                • 349 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thanks, I just got a quote from my TA for Riu Ocho Rios and it is a bit high so I think I am going to look into a few other resorts. My FI's parents were just at the Bahia and they loved it. 

Originally Posted by heatherd 

Hello, I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway bay Jamaica in March 2012 aswell.  Its not priced to bad, we also stayed at the Riu Ocho rios in Feb. and there were lots of nice weddings there everyday!! They have good wedding plans awell!  Good luck! :)

Ps I grew up in Ottawa, i'm just outside of Belleville now though, but still go back to visit a lot! 

Take care

#59 heatherd

heatherd
                  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Yay!! have fun!!  I'm just waiting for my TA to have all the paperwork done then I can get all the details then I'm on to invitations!!  Already bought my dress and head piece!!! there are so many beautiful destination wedding gowns out there, its very hard to choose :)

keep up the updates...its nice to talk to someone else planning at the same resort!

I Just got my confirmation date today. My TA booked the date for us. I haven't talked to the resort wedding planner yet...but plan to real soon:)

#60 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
                    • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

I haven't talked to any wedding planners at the resort yet..but will be really soon...My TA booked our date for us. good to hear they reply quickly!! I don't have my dress yet either...This is all still pretty recent for me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users