Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#481 MissNikki

MissNikki
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Hey Ladies 

Anyone getting married at the JADE NOW resort?  I am looking at this location for my wedding but i am not sure with all the bad reviews on trip advisor... Any thoughts??

#482 kat2012

kat2012
    • 602 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

There is always bad reviews. Some people just can't be pleased. I was so worried about our resort, but when we got there. I had nothing to complain about. Check Resort Reviews tab, I am sure tyou will find lots of brides who got married there. Good Luck!

Originally Posted by MissNikki 

Hey Ladies 

Anyone getting married at the JADE NOW resort?  I am looking at this location for my wedding but i am not sure with all the bad reviews on trip advisor... Any thoughts??

#483 tesharae

tesharae
      • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

@ANGELA2013

I'm also getting married at The Barcelo in February 2013! Haven't picked an exact date yet though :)

#484 tesharae

tesharae
        • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

@ANGELA2013

I'm also getting married at The Barcelo in February 2013! Haven't picked an exact date yet though :)

#485 CafeDelMar21

CafeDelMar21
          • 130 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

WOOO on days like today, when it has been snowing all dayyy looong, I am so glad to be going somewhere warm for my wedding. October, you can't come any sooner!!

#486 tunaandocean

tunaandocean
            • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'm finally here! I'm also a newbie with 11 months to go. Sooooo overwhelmed with things to do. 

Luckily, venue is picked & reserved, and with the help of this great forum, we decided to go with Wicky's for the reception. 

Still need to figure out a dress, shoes, invitations, gifts, air prices, flowers, cakes, decorations, guests, and the list go on and on 

Anyway. Congrats all of you here! Hope you have a great journey with people you love. 

..... Going back to the thread

#487 tunaandocean

tunaandocean
              • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm finally here! I'm also a newbie with 11 months to go. Sooooo overwhelmed with things to do. 

Luckily, venue is picked & reserved, and with the help of this great forum, we decided to go with Wicky's for the reception. 

Still need to figure out a dress, shoes, invitations, gifts, air prices, flowers, cakes, decorations, guests, and the list go on and on 

Anyway. Congrats all of you here! Hope you have a great journey with people you love. 

..... Going back to the thread

#488 tunaandocean

tunaandocean
                • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

..... Going back to the thread

#489 tunaandocean

tunaandocean
                  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

HI all! I'm also a newbie here. Still have a lot of things to figure out, from the dress to the invitations, air schedules, guests, 

I think it will be one of the most busiest time of my life, but I will see. 

Hope you all have a great journey! 

#490 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
                    • 312 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi

I am from Nelson it's in the Kootenay mountains. We choose Barcelo because we know people that have been there and said nothing but positive things about it. My FI and I have never traveled before so we are super excited. Planning so far has been super stressful since some of our guests don't like that we choose Mexico as our destination. If you haven't already I recommend checking out Barcelos website, I love that the resort has different price ranges for budgets and every picture that I have seen is breathtaking. Where up north are you? I must admit I have never heard of the town.  I have a friend that stayed at the Jade3 now and she loved it and she is super picky so good luck.

Originally Posted by MissNikki 

Hello Angela

what small town in BC are you from?  I am also from a small town in BC.  CHETWYND lol it is up north!

Are you having a good time planning so far?  I was going to get married at the Aventura Cove Palace to be the Hard Rock resort but now i am not sure if thats the hotel i am wanting as i am worried about renos over my wedding!  So again I am resort shopping!   What made you pick the Barcelo?  have you been before?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users