Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#401 Manda123

Manda123
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Since so many of us are doing p90x, come on over to the "official p90x support group" thread! There are a few ladies going through the process too :)

#402 traceysteve

traceysteve
    • 328 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Welcome. don't worry, you've come to the right place. anything that you can think of, do a little search, and someone also thought of it!

Originally Posted by Cherry Lynne 

hello

im a newbie from Toronto, and  we just gave our deposit to our destination wedding in Grand Palladium Punta Cana, Dominican Rep.

I am planning this wedding by myself....so any info...hints..etc..is welcome.

#403 Jennyj

Jennyj
      • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

I'm a newbie in Toronto! Just engaged July 9th, booked St James Antigua for January 2012! I'm planning myself too - I've already got quite a bit done - got the group rate with the travel agent and sent out to all guests - have 14 guests booked! Have also drafted the passport invites - info from this site was really helpful with that and I used the Aylee template. Also did reply postcards from vistaprint.ca just waiting for them to come in the mail! May seem kind of weird to do the email and then send out invites and maybe it is but I just had to get the process started so I wasn't in such a panic! Still sending out the invites to those who have booked or who haven't yet. Right now working on finding envelopes for the invite packages. I'm a Canadian Girl marrying a Canadian/Punjabi Sikh boy so any advice from anyone who knows ANYTHING about Sikh wedding traditions I can incorporate into my ceremony/reception would be very appreciated :) I know that's a long shot!

If anyone wants my more detailed templates to work with please message me - I had to do quite a bit of work to get them formatted and the marketing coordinator from my office really helped too!

#404 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Congrats and you are on a roll....:)

do a google search on Sikh weddings and i am sure you will get tons of inspiration!!!

Check out

I'm a newbie in Toronto! Just engaged July 9th, booked St James Antigua for January 2012! I'm planning myself too - I've already got quite a bit done - got the group rate with the travel agent and sent out to all guests - have 14 guests booked! Have also drafted the passport invites - info from this site was really helpful with that and I used the Aylee template. Also did reply postcards from vistaprint.ca just waiting for them to come in the mail! May seem kind of weird to do the email and then send out invites and maybe it is but I just had to get the process started so I wasn't in such a panic! Still sending out the invites to those who have booked or who haven't yet. Right now working on finding envelopes for the invite packages. I'm a Canadian Girl marrying a Canadian/Punjabi Sikh boy so any advice from anyone who knows ANYTHING about Sikh wedding traditions I can incorporate into my ceremony/reception would be very appreciated :) I know that's a long shot!

If anyone wants my more detailed templates to work with please message me - I had to do quite a bit of work to get them formatted and the marketing coordinator from my office really helped too!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#405 Jennyj

Jennyj
          • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

Googling doesn't seem to give me the info I need - we don't want a religious ceremony and most info is based around the actual religious ceremony. Looking more for the cute little traditions from someone who knows! Thanks so much for the envelope info!

#406 Janet1480

Janet1480
            • 709 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Oh Ok....well hopefully you find someone who is familiar and can share ideas :) best of luck

Originally Posted by Jennyj 

Googling doesn't seem to give me the info I need - we don't want a religious ceremony and most info is based around the actual religious ceremony. Looking more for the cute little traditions from someone who knows! Thanks so much for the envelope info!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#407 traceysteve

traceysteve
              • 328 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

ETSY BEWARE!!! DO NOT ORDER THIS FROM JESSICA RAE JEWELLERY!  I emailed her before ordering and she said there would be no problem I should receive this by the week of Aug 21st. I paid via paypal on July 6th, have sent 3 emails, no response...and now, I don't have something blue :( I leave on sunday, and am way too busy to find something.

FREE SHIP - Something Blue Hand Stamped Bridal Bouquet or Garter Charm

Attached Files

#408 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

OH NO!!!!!! Tracey I feel so bad for you!!!!!

My suggestion would be to pop over to Victoria secret and pick up a pair of their bridal blue underwear.  They are pretty and lace and come in BLUE!!!!!! I picked up a pair as a gift for a girlfriend before her wedding and they worked beautifully as her something blue.  This doesn't help the fact that you wont have this amazing piece but rather than focus on how awful some people can be I was hoping to help you out!!!!

Thinking about you, Can't believe your big day is so soon!

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

ETSY BEWARE!!! DO NOT ORDER THIS FROM JESSICA RAE JEWELLERY!  I emailed her before ordering and she said there would be no problem I should receive this by the week of Aug 21st. I paid via paypal on July 6th, have sent 3 emails, no response...and now, I don't have something blue :( I leave on sunday, and am way too busy to find something.

#409 traceysteve

traceysteve
                  • 328 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Torilynn, you rock, great idea. I was just so pissed, I didn't want anybody else to fall victim. I can't believe we're leaving this sunday!! Eeeekkk! I'm sure I'll have some tips for you guys when I get back.

#410 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
                    • 191 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:19 AM

Aww Tracy that sucks! It would have been super cute too. I like the blue undies idea though. I have no shortage of blue as turquoise is my signature colour. If only you were in Ottawa I would totally have you covered. I'm so excited for you that you leave this weekend! If this is the biggest thing to go wrong then you will have a FANTASTIC wedding.

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users