Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#301 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
  • Jr. Member
  • 191 posts

    Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:11 AM

    Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
     

    Originally Posted by traceysteve 

    Ladies,

    I got home last night and found my invites waiting for me. Can I tell you how much I love, love, love them!!! When I get home tonight, I will post pics, but if there are any other brides-to-be not wanting to make their own, please check out Kendra www.gottheinvite.com She was fantastic, the easiest person I've dealt with so far, with this wedding planning business. Because of the strike, she had them expedited via purolator. Although, now that I have them, I'm not sure what to do with them because Canada Post is STILL on STRIKKKKEEEEE!!! Boo!



     


    Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


    #302 tamandrob

    tamandrob
    • Jr. Member
    • 349 posts

      Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

      That is such a great idea! I love the fact that your giving the winner a prizes it gives them more motivation and it's fun!

       

      Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

      Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
       



       



       


      Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

      32 Booked.......and counting!


      #303 Janet1480

      Janet1480
      • Member
      • 709 posts

        Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

        So much fun! Wedding Amazing Race HAHA

         

        have fun!

         

        Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

        Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
         



         



         


        Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


        #304 torilynnsmith

        torilynnsmith
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,748 posts

          Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:06 PM


          We used to live in Halifax and I miss it soooo much!!!!! I think you came up with a great solution to this postal strike!!!!

          Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

          Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
           



           



           



          #305 canadiangirl

          canadiangirl
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,252 posts

            Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

            Yeah that sounds like fun....if this strike goes any longer..... i may have to do the same thing, thanx for the idea


            Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


            #306 heatherd

            heatherd
            • Newbie
            • 37 posts

              Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

              Passport pics done!  We have to renew ours but are getting our sons done for the first time....and trying to get my 2 year old not to smile was so funny!!!  But he did it!!  Yay!  Now just have to get our birth certificates notarized (thanks for the info on that Canadiangirl!)  and the paperwork part is taken care of!!  Now if Canada post would go back to work I could start looking for all my reply's in the mail!! 



              #307 Nikadawn

              Nikadawn
              • Jr. Member
              • 191 posts

                Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

                Ooooh! That comment gives me a great idea for a stag & doe, lol. We'll have people racing allover the place!

                 

                Originally Posted by Janet1480 

                So much fun! Wedding Amazing Race HAHA

                 

                have fun!

                 



                 



                 


                Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


                #308 Janet1480

                Janet1480
                • Member
                • 709 posts

                  Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:59 PM


                  LOL glad i could help without realizing i was helping :P
                   

                  Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

                  Ooooh! That comment gives me a great idea for a stag & doe, lol. We'll have people racing allover the place!

                   



                   



                   


                  Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


                  #309 traceysteve

                  traceysteve
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 328 posts

                    Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:38 PM


                    Great idea. To be honest, hand delivering has been pretty nice, so far of 75 invites, 10 are already out, and another 4 more tomorrow..it may take a while, but they'll get out.
                     

                    Originally Posted by Janet1480 


                    LOL glad i could help without realizing i was helping :P
                     



                     



                     



                    #310 canadiangirl

                    canadiangirl
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,252 posts

                      Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:57 AM


                      No problem at all!

                      this canada post thing is killing me, I thought getting the invites out early was a great thing...but now only half my ppl actually got them lol

                      for my sanity i need them to get back to work! lol

                       

                      how is your planning going?

                      Originally Posted by heatherd 

                      Passport pics done!  We have to renew ours but are getting our sons done for the first time....and trying to get my 2 year old not to smile was so funny!!!  But he did it!!  Yay!  Now just have to get our birth certificates notarized (thanks for the info on that Canadiangirl!)  and the paperwork part is taken care of!!  Now if Canada post would go back to work I could start looking for all my reply's in the mail!! 



                       


                      Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users