Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#301 traceysteve

traceysteve
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Ladies,

I got home last night and found my invites waiting for me. Can I tell you how much I love, love, love them!!! When I get home tonight, I will post pics, but if there are any other brides-to-be not wanting to make their own, please check out Kendra www.gottheinvite.com She was fantastic, the easiest person I've dealt with so far, with this wedding planning business. Because of the strike, she had them expedited via purolator. Although, now that I have them, I'm not sure what to do with them because Canada Post is STILL on STRIKKKKEEEEE!!! Boo!

#302 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
    • 191 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:11 AM

Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

Ladies,

I got home last night and found my invites waiting for me. Can I tell you how much I love, love, love them!!! When I get home tonight, I will post pics, but if there are any other brides-to-be not wanting to make their own, please check out Kendra www.gottheinvite.com She was fantastic, the easiest person I've dealt with so far, with this wedding planning business. Because of the strike, she had them expedited via purolator. Although, now that I have them, I'm not sure what to do with them because Canada Post is STILL on STRIKKKKEEEEE!!! Boo!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#303 tamandrob

tamandrob
      • 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

That is such a great idea! I love the fact that your giving the winner a prizes it gives them more motivation and it's fun!

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#304 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

So much fun! Wedding Amazing Race HAHA

have fun!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#305 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

We used to live in Halifax and I miss it soooo much!!!!! I think you came up with a great solution to this postal strike!!!!

#306 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

Yeah that sounds like fun....if this strike goes any longer..... i may have to do the same thing, thanx for the idea

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#307 heatherd

heatherd
              • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Passport pics done!  We have to renew ours but are getting our sons done for the first time....and trying to get my 2 year old not to smile was so funny!!!  But he did it!!  Yay!  Now just have to get our birth certificates notarized (thanks for the info on that Canadiangirl!)  and the paperwork part is taken care of!!  Now if Canada post would go back to work I could start looking for all my reply's in the mail!! 

#308 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
                • 191 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Ooooh! That comment gives me a great idea for a stag & doe, lol. We'll have people racing allover the place!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

So much fun! Wedding Amazing Race HAHA

have fun!

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#309 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

LOL glad i could help without realizing i was helping :P

Ooooh! That comment gives me a great idea for a stag & doe, lol. We'll have people racing allover the place!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#310 traceysteve

traceysteve
                    • 328 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Great idea. To be honest, hand delivering has been pretty nice, so far of 75 invites, 10 are already out, and another 4 more tomorrow..it may take a while, but they'll get out.

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

LOL glad i could help without realizing i was helping :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users