Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#21 aaronlori

aaronlori
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Hey Ladies!

Love that there are so many Canadian women on here. I am planing a DW in the DR for late August 2011.

Most of our guests are coming from Newfoundland!

#22 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
    • 281 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm a super 'noob' as well but I've been reading up on these forums for about the past month or so, since we decided to go with a destination wedding, a cruise ship wedding actually. My fiance` and I are from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and I believe all of our guests will be from this area as well, flying down to Orlando in April 2012 to get onboard the Carnival Dream for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise - our wedding will be on the first day, before the ship leaves port, so the whole week will be celebrations!

It's great to see so many Canadian brides on here, and I love the thread for Canadian brides and their OOT bags, where to shop, etc. Good luck and happy planning, everyone!

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
      ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#23 Janet1480

Janet1480
      • 709 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

welcome!

what resort will you be getting married at?

Originally Posted by aaronlori 

Hey Ladies!

Love that there are so many Canadian women on here. I am planing a DW in the DR for late August 2011.

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#24 meeshie77

meeshie77
        • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

Congratulations!  I'm from Hamilton, ON and I'm also hoping to get married in Jamaica or Mexico in April 2012.  Having trouble finding a vacation package that suits our guests $1500-1600pp budget so no dates or resorts yet.  I was working with a company that specializes in DWs called The Wedding Holiday from Mississauga (http://www.theweddin...com/Home_1.html).  They highly recommended the Iberostar resorts in Jamaica (only 1 wedding per day) and said the WC are amazing to work with.  Hope that helps!

Happy planning!!!

#25 marleydog

marleydog
          • Site Supporter
          • 144 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

Congratulations & welcome to the site. 

August 4th 2011 - Sandals Antigua Grande Resort & Spa.

#26 traceysteve

traceysteve
            • 328 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by meeshie77 

Congratulations!  I'm from Hamilton, ON and I'm also hoping to get married in Jamaica or Mexico in April 2012.  Having trouble finding a vacation package that suits our guests $1500-1600pp budget so no dates or resorts yet.  I was working with a company that specializes in DWs called The Wedding Holiday from Mississauga (http://www.theweddin...com/Home_1.html).  They highly recommended the Iberostar resorts in Jamaica (only 1 wedding per day) and said the WC are amazing to work with.  Hope that helps!

Happy planning!!!

thanks for the tip, I'm going to check out the site.

#27 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
              • 178 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

Tiny Tuna - I'm in Ajax as well!!!

We are getting married in Dominican, Punta Cana on November 11, 2011.

Just found this thread...

#28 Lasallebabe

Lasallebabe
                • Site Supporter
                • 154 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

My hubby to be is from Grand Falls/Windsor although we have been in Calgary for 20 years. We are getting married in Oct. 2011 in DR at the Dreams Palm Beach resort. We booked a year in advance and were able to get good deals...although in order to get the good deal everyone had to pay in full by Apr 1, 2011 (6 months in advance). Our guests from Nfld fly out of Mtl. We have 30 in our group with a handful of newfies....what fun we'll have! Congrats and welcome...you will love this site!

Originally Posted by aaronlori 

Hey Ladies!

#29 Lasallebabe

Lasallebabe
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 154 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

Welcome Dramatic Annie;

My hubby to be and our son love cruising...we have been on several Caribbean cruises..and I guarantee you will love it. We thought about that for our wedding as well but unfortunately as we are in Calgary and at least half of our guests are in western Canada....it was too expensive to add airfare on to the cost of the cruise...so we chose and all-inclusive in DR. We are thrilled to bits with our choice and have 30 people joining us. Good luck in the planning and preparations....

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

Hey everyone!

I'm a super 'noob' as well but I've been reading up on these forums for about the past month or so, since we decided to go with a destination wedding, a cruise ship wedding actually. My fiance` and I are from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and I believe all of our guests will be from this area as well, flying down to Orlando in April 2012 to get onboard the Carnival Dream for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise - our wedding will be on the first day, before the ship leaves port, so the whole week will be celebrations!

It's great to see so many Canadian brides on here, and I love the thread for Canadian brides and their OOT bags, where to shop, etc. Good luck and happy planning, everyone!

#30 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

This is so much fun to see what fellow Canadian gals are doing for their wedding! :)

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users