Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#281 tamandrob

tamandrob
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Just making sure do you need the long form birth certificate?

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

Sorry to cut into your conversation lol but this is all the documents and time frame for them to be there, as we to are planning a jamaican wedding.....

Birth cert......Has to be notorized

copy of drivers licence....notorized

divorce papers if any ( if you do have them, I would bring the original with you just in case..and they can copy it)

These papers have to be at the resort 6 weeks before you arrive! Hope this helps

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#282 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
    • 150 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:22 AM

Thanks girls... This is my main concern as well... do you need the long form birth certificate (I'm assuming this is the one with the father's name) and if so how long does it take to get this?

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Just making sure do you need the long form birth certificate?

#283 celticgirl

celticgirl
      • 266 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:33 AM

Yes, you do need the long form birth certificate.. it doesnt take very long, you can have it expressed to you and it will arrive within 5 business days, I had to get my son's for his passport, and I had it shipped via express, I sent the request in monday at 3pm, and It came in the mail the next day!!

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride 

Thanks girls... This is my main concern as well... do you need the long form birth certificate (I'm assuming this is the one with the father's name) and if so how long does it take to get this?

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
        January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#284 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
        • 1,917 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

If you apply online for the long form from Ontario it only takes a few weeks. But you do need all the information like mother and father's names, place of birth, hospital address, doctor's address at time of birth. I couldn't believe how much they asked for. I was born in Manitoba and all they wanted was name, date of birth and town/city. It took about a month to get a response.

#285 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
          • 150 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

Yikes! Maybe I should look into this sooner rather than later. Thanks girls.

#286 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

why do they even need it? their not the ones getting married lol and what am i going to do with it afterwards lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#287 Janet1480

Janet1480
              • 709 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

Well i think basically its a different way then asking people for blood tests. Like if you are getting married in Mexico you need to take blood tests to prove you are not related and whatever else. But in Jamaica i guess with the Birth Certif they can see if you have the same father etc.....

another incentive for getting married in Punta Cana LOL you dont need any of that :P

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

why do they even need it? their not the ones getting married lol and what am i going to do with it afterwards lol

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#288 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

OMG lol i never even thought of that lol lol lol yeah i dont know what im going to do with the father thing, he was adopted and has passed away ... so i have no idea

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

Well i think basically its a different way then asking people for blood tests. Like if you are getting married in Mexico you need to take blood tests to prove you are not related and whatever else. But in Jamaica i guess with the Birth Certif they can see if you have the same father etc.....

another incentive for getting married in Punta Cana LOL you dont need any of that :P

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#289 tamandrob

tamandrob
                  • 349 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

Thanks ladies! I better get started on the application...

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#290 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
                    • 191 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

So just an update: We went with Louise and did she deliver! We are booking the Rose Hall Beach for January 19th and she got us an awesome price. Thanks again for the reccomendation Janet1480!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

I am dealing with Louise at TripCentral in the St.Laurent Mall. I cant say enough great things about her! she is FABULOUS! got us an amazing deal and is so easy to work with. i liked that i could go in to talk to her and could put a face to a name...it seemed more personal that way and you can build a relationship.

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users