Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#271 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • Member
  • 709 posts

    Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:38 PM


    you are out of your mind woman!!! LOL how do you do it! UGH and seriously you look 25 did you start having babies at 10? LOL
     

    Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

    LOL LOL yeah Mike loves it as we are a baseball family.... at this point we have our own outfield lol lol ....I have 5 boys we have 3 together lol the oldest will be 15 tomorrow..then there is my 11yr who will be 12 in feb then there is 5yr 4yr and our 9month old (young) lol lol



     


    Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


    #272 Janet1480

    Janet1480
    • Member
    • 709 posts

      Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:41 PM


      I am dealing with Louise at TripCentral in the St.Laurent Mall. I cant say enough great things about her! she is FABULOUS! got us an amazing deal and is so easy to work with. i liked that i could go in to talk to her and could put a face to a name...it seemed more personal that way and you can build a relationship.
       

      Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

      Thanks Ladies! I'm leaning towards Jamaica (the Rose Hall Beach is a front runner) as we've been there and I know I loved it. Costa Rica was my first choice but I know it would cost more. May I ask who your TA is? I've walked into a couple who just shoved brochures at me like that would magically narrow the choices, GRRRR!
       



       



       


      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


      #273 traceysteve

      traceysteve
      • Jr. Member
      • 328 posts

        Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:44 PM


        Welcome! And don't worry, it will all be fine. We got engaged in Feb and are getting married at the end of August, and yeah, we're a bit unorganized, because it took a while for the resort to confirm, so my invites aren't out as yet <sigh> but, we have 42 booked including kids (there's a lot of kids!) I'm trying to let everything roll off my back, and smile, and I seem to be pretty good at faking it!!!
         

        Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

        Hi from Ottawa Ladies! I noticed alot of you are planning for Next April. Are my fiancee and I being a little ambitious in hoping to book for February? We also still haven't picked a resort. Our TA told us to wait til August as prices would come down then and we want to keep the cost for our guests around 1500-1700 for the week. It will most likely be Jamaica or Mexico for that budget as we don't want the D.R. or Cuba. There are so many decisions to make already... and we've only been engaged for a week!



         



        #274 canadiangirl

        canadiangirl
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,252 posts

          Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

          Janet: Your so funny!!! but yes i know im crazy..kept holding out for my girl, lol so needless to say im done holding out lmao and thanx for the 25 thing i knew i liked you for a reason lol but im really 33 lol lol
           

          Originally Posted by Janet1480 


          you are out of your mind woman!!! LOL how do you do it! UGH and seriously you look 25 did you start having babies at 10? LOL
           



           



           


          Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


          #275 Nikadawn

          Nikadawn
          • Jr. Member
          • 191 posts

            Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

            Thanks Ladies! I just sent emails to Pauline and Louise. Hopefully I will have a fantastic TA by week's end. Feeling better about things already :)

             

            We used Pauline Blacoe 

            shine@shinetravel.ca

             

            Shes been great and specializes in destination weddings which I found to be a huge difference in regards to service and knowledge!

             



             

            Originally Posted by Janet1480 


            I am dealing with Louise at TripCentral in the St.Laurent Mall. I cant say enough great things about her! she is FABULOUS! got us an amazing deal and is so easy to work with. i liked that i could go in to talk to her and could put a face to a name...it seemed more personal that way and you can build a relationship.
             



             



             


            Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


            #276 RyGuysBride

            RyGuysBride
            • Newbie
            • 150 posts

              Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:32 AM



              Hi Nikadawn... I'm getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica.. same property as the Iberostar Beach and I booked with Debbie at Destination Anywhere in Ottawa. She is awesome and was able to get me the best rate for this property by far of any of the agents I tried... If you haven't booked yet, it might be worth a call. The carrier I booked with is Sunquest.

               

              Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

              Thanks Ladies! I just sent emails to Pauline and Louise. Hopefully I will have a fantastic TA by week's end. Feeling better about things already :)

               

               



               



               



               



              #277 RyGuysBride

              RyGuysBride
              • Newbie
              • 150 posts

                Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:41 AM


                Hey tamandrob! Where in Jamaica are you going?

                 

                Are you doing a legal ceremony and if so do you happen to know anything about the legal documents we have to send ahead of time?

                The info I got from the hotel said we have to provide copies of Birth Certificates with the fathers name but Ontario birth certificates don't have this. I've emailed the wedding coordinator over a week ago but still haven't heard anything... I want to start getting everything in order in case it takes a while to get documents together!
                 

                Originally Posted by tamandrob 


                Welcome and Congrats! I am from the Ottawa area too!

                I got engaged in April and started planning in May, FI and I are getting married at the end of February in Jamaica. So if you start now you should have plenty of time, If you have any questions just let me know! Happy planning!
                 



                 



                 



                #278 canadiangirl

                canadiangirl
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,252 posts

                  Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

                  Sorry to cut into your conversation lol but this is all the documents and time frame for them to be there, as we to are planning a jamaican wedding.....

                  Birth cert......Has to be notorized

                  copy of drivers licence....notorized

                  divorce papers if any ( if you do have them, I would bring the original with you just in case..and they can copy it)

                  These papers have to be at the resort 6 weeks before you arrive! Hope this helps
                   

                  Originally Posted by RyGuysBride 


                  Hey tamandrob! Where in Jamaica are you going?

                   

                  Are you doing a legal ceremony and if so do you happen to know anything about the legal documents we have to send ahead of time?

                  The info I got from the hotel said we have to provide copies of Birth Certificates with the fathers name but Ontario birth certificates don't have this. I've emailed the wedding coordinator over a week ago but still haven't heard anything... I want to start getting everything in order in case it takes a while to get documents together!
                   



                   



                   


                  Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


                  #279 Nikadawn

                  Nikadawn
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 191 posts

                    Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

                    Awesome thanks! I will give her a call as well. I do like Sunquest's service, we've travelled with them before. Have you booked your date with the Rose Hall yet? Their website says they only do 1 wedding a day so I'm getting antsy to book. My FI thinks he needs to look at every single resort in the Caribbean before making a decision though. And I thought I was supposed to be the picky one!
                     

                    Originally Posted by RyGuysBride 



                    Hi Nikadawn... I'm getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica.. same property as the Iberostar Beach and I booked with Debbie at Destination Anywhere in Ottawa. She is awesome and was able to get me the best rate for this property by far of any of the agents I tried... If you haven't booked yet, it might be worth a call. The carrier I booked with is Sunquest.

                     



                     



                     


                    Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


                    #280 Nikadawn

                    Nikadawn
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 191 posts

                      Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

                      May I ask how much you are paying for just the trip? (room+airfare) We were hoping to keep the cost to our guests around 1700 or lower for the week. I know the Suites is a little higher than the beach of course...
                       

                      Originally Posted by RyGuysBride 



                      Hi Nikadawn... I'm getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica.. same property as the Iberostar Beach and I booked with Debbie at Destination Anywhere in Ottawa. She is awesome and was able to get me the best rate for this property by far of any of the agents I tried... If you haven't booked yet, it might be worth a call. The carrier I booked with is Sunquest.

                       



                       



                       


                      Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users