Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#231 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

We invited people BY PHONE for the wedding and some via email.  We only printed about 10 invites (from Michael's) to send to family overseas.  My parent's are Italian and felt that if formal invitations went out that people would feel obligated to still send a gift and they were uncomfortable with that idea since it is a destination wedding....so I've been listening to my mother complaining about the fact that she has to call so many people, to which I respond - it was your choice!

I still don't have bridesmaid dresses - I'm only having a MOH and one other person.  I loved the idea of a destination wedding to be able to keep things small.  I'm from a family to which "small" = 250 people.  The concept of under 100 is totally foreign...I love it!

My colours are hot pink, baby pink and chartreuse.  I think I might do gray for the bridesmaids.....

#232 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Welcome to the forum...youll find a lot of info from other brides.....their fantastic

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#233 Janet1480

Janet1480
      • 709 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

UGH

Well i have 2 BM's and my sister was my Maid of honor. I also have my best friend whom is male and he was supposed to be the man of honor but we were torn about how to have it all blend in.

My sister is in her 40's and she recently found out she is 12 weeks pregnant. Because of her age and some fibroids they discovered she is VERY high risk not to mention she will be past 30 weeks by our travel date so the doctor has recommended she does not travel. Its not her fault but it doesnt make it suck any less

I can still have my man of honor but i have to decide how to blend it all in and i dont have much time to outfit him etc.

regardless my one and only sister will now not be my maid of honor or be at my wedding so its a bummer. Although i am thrilled to be an aunt for the first time :) have to look at the bright side :)

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#234 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

Janet:

Im so sorry that your sister cant go, but congrats on being an auntie~! I know with my man of honor...im getting him to wear the same thing as the groomsman.... dont stress to much hun, you still have time to get his outfit and whatnot.

if you need anything let me know, ill totally do what i can for ya!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#235 Janet1480

Janet1480
          • 709 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

thanks doll! much appreciated

with everything else on my plate, its just annoying! LOL

Moving in 4 weeks, wedding planning etc

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

Janet:

Im so sorry that your sister cant go, but congrats on being an auntie~! I know with my man of honor...im getting him to wear the same thing as the groomsman.... dont stress to much hun, you still have time to get his outfit and whatnot.

if you need anything let me know, ill totally do what i can for ya!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#236 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

Yeah i feel ya with the moving thing..wedding planning and well just life in general, but it will all work out in the end hun..... if worse comes to worse go and get him the shorts u got the other guys with the same shirt,,,,that way they all match. then for ur man of honor just do a different bouta for him.

#237 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Stay positive Janet, I get the frustration with last minute changes but I am sure it will all work out.  It's your day so don't sweat the small stuff!!!! As long as you and FI are there it'll be beautiful and perfect!!!!

#238 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

Janet:

I just found  out yesterday that my bridesmaid wont be making our wedding either, which is also mikes best man too(husband and wife couple), so i totally understand the frustration, and the sadness! keep ur head up hun

#239 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                  • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

This sucks!!!!  Leigh you should go to Janet's wedding and Janet you should go to Leigh's!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this for both of you, very disappointing.  I am sure we may have a few of these... cross that bridge when we get to it!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

Janet:

I just found  out yesterday that my bridesmaid wont be making our wedding either, which is also mikes best man too(husband and wife couple), so i totally understand the frustration, and the sadness! keep ur head up hun

#240 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

well i have a year to replace or they could change their minds so..... im looking at the bright side of life hahahaha... hell Tori, after getting to know you...i might just invite you to the wedding lol lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users