Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#201 tamandrob

tamandrob
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

Janet,

I love your FI outfit it looks great and the colours are awesome! I will make sure to go to Le Chateau thanks for the good advice and poting the pics! I never thougt of the groomsmen wearing shorts but I like that too! and I think the guys would love it!

I am still not to sure what I am going to do for flowers but I would love to see a picture of yours when they come in if you don't mind! I will check out angels accents. Thanks for all the great ideas!!!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

I loved it in Moose Creek although North Gower would have been closer for me since i live in Kanata...wish i would have known about that shop sooner LOL although who's to say they would have a dress I love :P i did pretty much every other shop in and around Ottawa.

FI and I just completed his whole outfit at Le Chateau...they have really nice linen pants and they were the only place that actually had our exact colors for shirt and ties. every where else was more along the lines of baby blue and i really wanted the blue to be right. And it helped that the old navy in the mall had flip flops on sale for $1.00 yup you read that right one dollar LOL

I took a quick pic....not the best pic but will give you an idea anyway :)

P1000652.JPG

Fi will wear that with white flip flops :) he looks great in it, i just need to have the pants hemmed a bit and we will be all set. The pants, shirt, tie, and shoes came to under $200.00

Our groomsmen are wearing these....

Point Zero Belted Plaid Deck Shorts Sears.jpg

Except they are wearing white shirts and white flip flops :) ....we bought the shorts from Sears on sale for $39.00 and flip flops from old navy at the dollar sale and we just need to buy the shirts :)

I'm not making my own bouquets. I actually hired a company called angels accents (she is FANTASTIC) and she will be designing and making all of my flowers. I decided to go the "soft touch" route. The flowers look so real and i get to keep them. The resort wanted a fortune for the flowers so i researched other options and decided to go this way. I dont have pics or anything yet as i havent recieved my design yet. I will keep you posted when i do. Angel will be doing my bouquet, MOH bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets x 2, groom and groomsmen bouts, best man is actually fi's sister so we are getting her a wrist corsage, moms wrist corsage, MIL wrist corsage, and bouts for both dads, she is also doing cake table decoration, sending me extra petals for the aisle :) She has it all nicely packed so they wont get damaged through travel, and send paperwork to state they are fake so there are no issues at the airport :) I dont even know if i want bouts for the groomsmen yet so i will have FI try it when they arrive and will decide :)

Quote:

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#202 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

Haven't heard from Leigh in awhile! I know there is a move coming up (right?!) but just thought I would see what you were up to in your planning these days!!!!

#203 heatherd

heatherd
      • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Me too!!!! The 3 of us will be there at the same time!!!!!

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Hey, We are getting married at the GBP in Jamaica on the 28th of Feb so I am sure we will be seeing each other!!!

#204 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

you ladies are lucky...i havent found my date twin or resort twin that will be there the same time as me. would be so cool. I have met an amazing girl on this site that i have kept in close touch with she is getting married at the same resort as me but arriving just as we leave :( Boooo. you ladies should all meet up for sure :)

@tamandrob you are most welcome. I will def post pics of the flowers when i get some :) and will keep sharing ideas. The guys are thrilled about wearing shorts for sure! :) I think it will look good but everyone has their own taste :)

Im not sure where Leigh is but i do know with planning a move and taking care of her kids she has her hands full. i know the move part alone is a lot to deal with, i myself am moving in 4 weeks....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 4 weeks. i need to get crackin on my packing :P

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#205 jenner29

jenner29
          • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:18 AM

That's so exciting!!  I look forward to meeting both of you!!  Have you got much done so far?  I am ordering my invites from Vista today!  Yay!!

Originally Posted by heatherd 

Me too!!!! The 3 of us will be there at the same time!!!!!

#206 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

I want to meet my date/resort week twin too but haven't come across anyone yet! Oh well!!

#207 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

hey janet:

were in regina right now, moving back to london ontario (driving 3500km) (thought I told you this lol ny bad lol lol) im looking forward to the drive .....hitting up michigan to do some shopping lmao

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#208 Sabrinaa

Sabrinaa
                • 54 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hi Ladies!

My name is Sabrina, I'm from Toronto and I'm getting married at Dreams La Romana in the DR on December 17, 2011.  I basically have done zero except for getting my dress and accessories....the invites went out (they were incredibly informal due to my parent's being a bit ridiculous..) but whatever.  So now I'm just gathering some ideas for decor and anything else I come across.  This website is amazing!  I've gotten so much valuable info!  Happy planning!

#209 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                  • 1,748 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi Sabrina! 

Welcome!!! Your wedding is just around the corner, how exciting!!! What did you do for invites?  We sent ours out last week.  They were a lot of work but I was happy with the end product and am pleased the response we are getting.  I am getting married in the DR as well at Majestic Colonial.  I found this site back when we first got engaged (almost a year ago) but found it overwhelming and intimidating.  I wish I would have gotten involved earlier because it has been a GREAT tool for me!

I look forward to hearing about your planning process and seeing pictures!!!

All the best

tori

#210 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                    • 423 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Welcome Sabrinaa!, Lots of information here to get the ideas flowing!

Originally Posted by Sabrinaa 

Hi Ladies!

My name is Sabrina, I'm from Toronto and I'm getting married at Dreams La Romana in the DR on December 17, 2011.  I basically have done zero except for getting my dress and accessories....the invites went out (they were incredibly informal due to my parent's being a bit ridiculous..) but whatever.  So now I'm just gathering some ideas for decor and anything else I come across.  This website is amazing!  I've gotten so much valuable info!  Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users