Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#191 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • 709 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

I always had that dilema...to this day we still never got back all our RSVP's and had a lot of maybe answers from ppl. Its very frustrating. I decided in my planning i would add 4 extra for the stragglers and last minute deciders. if we get more then 2 last minute couples well it will just be unfortunate for them....with everything i will have going on the weeks leading to the wedding i wont have time to run around and make more OOT bags and pick up more favors. it sucks but i can only do so much :) I was trying to personalize my OOT and decided against it for that reason to so the bags and welcome brochures will be generic. Safer that way :) glad you are on track....its a lot of planning for sure :)

Originally Posted by heatherd 

LOL :)  you're great!!  Check on the first two things you mentioned and the decor...but still deciding on OOT bags....I think once I have my final number of people I will finish that stuff off....but I think I just might be on track!  Thanks for helping

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#192 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

DAMMM janet:::)

And here I thought I was ahead of the game lol all Ive done is look online for my FI outfit lol lol and I LOVE what you decided on, it will look amazing! good job..just to let you know too I ended up putting two stamps on the invites lmao really dont think one will cut the mustard hehehehehe (damm hot glue, that crap gets heavy!!!!!!!) but the mail man will stop by tomorrow, and then there in the mail and done lol

the funny thing is... I had to put my future mother-in law down for our RSVP address.....I dont want to miss any of them before we move back to london lol lol Ill be calling her everyday now (thought youde get a kick out of that)

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#193 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
      • 423 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

We are very lucky to have such a great wedding coordinator! She is make quite a bit a $ off are group as well!

We are meeting tonight to go over some details, it will be the first time that my FI has discussed the wedding in detail so I'm very glad he is willing to come!

Let you know how it goes!

#194 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

HAHAHA well i only have less then 5 months so i have no choice but to get my butt in gear :P

Good Plan! better safe then sorry. it would suck if you did one stamp and they all came back or got rejected by Canada Post. You should probably make a run to the post office or somewhere with a weight scale though before mr. mail man gets there to make sure you have yourself covered :) (if you havent already :))

When are you moving?

HAHAHA Have her keep a tally for you and give you a daily update :P your MIL will be busy. how many people did you invite?

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

DAMMM janet:::)

And here I thought I was ahead of the game lol all Ive done is look online for my FI outfit lol lol and I LOVE what you decided on, it will look amazing! good job..just to let you know too I ended up putting two stamps on the invites lmao really dont think one will cut the mustard hehehehehe (damm hot glue, that crap gets heavy!!!!!!!) but the mail man will stop by tomorrow, and then there in the mail and done lol

the funny thing is... I had to put my future mother-in law down for our RSVP address.....I dont want to miss any of them before we move back to london lol lol Ill be calling her everyday now (thought youde get a kick out of that)

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#195 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:51 AM

well since we are in regina right now, nothing is open here on sundays lol ITS CRAZY!!!!!!! and my FI is out here for work, as of right now he is working 6 days a week 10 hr days makes for alot of fun when he comes home, and i need answers on wedding stuff lol if u can imagine lol lol

well as I told someone else this morning already, I made mike buy a ton of extra stamps just in case my mail guy says its to heavy lol and Im sure the extra stamps will be used lol

Were moving back to London exactly on AUGUST 11th....and I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my home fam friends and wedding dress is there lol i miss my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO plus my mat leave is done on the 20th so i have to be back at work BOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

In total we sent out 30 invites, I didnt want it to be too big that it wasnt intimate feeling ... so we invited the really important ppl, everyone else will be at our AHR BBQ/BONFIRE.

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#196 jenner29

jenner29
            • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi Neighbour!!  I too am from Whitby and we are getting married in Jamaica on February 22, 2012!  We are getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in Runaway Bay.  We have previously been to that resort and absolutely LOVED it!!  So excited!  Have you made any decisions as of yet?

Originally Posted by imajoseph 

Hi There

Chris & Krista here from Whitby, ON

Planning an April 2012 wedding in Jamaica, busy looking at resorts right now so if anybody has any reccomendations it will be much appreciated.

Cheers !

#197 jenner29

jenner29
              • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Hey Tammy!  My fiance and I are getting married at the GBP in Jamaica on the 22nd of February...maybe we will run into each other!!

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Hello Ladies,

I am a newbie from Ottawa and looking to have my wedding in March 2012 in Jamacia. I am trying to pick a resort with good prices for are guests. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Tammy

#198 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

to the new Canadian newbies! We will be getting Married in Punta Cana in February 2012!!! This forum will be a great help to you!!!

#199 tamandrob

tamandrob
                  • 349 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

Hey, We are getting married at the GBP in Jamaica on the 28th of Feb so I am sure we will be seeing each other!!!

Originally Posted by jenner29 

Hey Tammy!  My fiance and I are getting married at the GBP in Jamaica on the 22nd of February...maybe we will run into each other!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#200 tamandrob

tamandrob
                    • 349 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

Yes an AHR is a reception. Would you mind sending me the link to the website for the linen pants? Thanks

Originally Posted by heatherd 

Yay!!! So exciting!!!  They told me it would take 3-6 months for my dress :(  I'm at 3 months now so hopefull soon... I will post pics too once I get it!!  I know what you mean about bringing stuff down...I don't want to either...bouquets for the tables is an excellent idea...i never thought of that!!  Sorry but is and AHR a reception when we get back?? If it is than I'm not sure yet... I think it depends on how many people can't make it.  I think we're going to get bridal party dresses in the fall because my neice is still growing and she doesn't want to grow after she gets a dress LOL  so we're going in September... then the guys have to get their stuff.   I found a website that sell linen pants for men, not to badly priced too.  So we'll probably get them from there cause we can custom order them to fit my little boys too!  Hopefull everything goes as planned right :)

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users