Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#101 heatherd

heatherd
  • Newbie
  • 37 posts

    Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

    Hey Ladies!!  Looking for some ideas for wedding favors...not sure what to do for them.  Help please!!



    #102 Janet1480

    Janet1480
    • Member
    • 709 posts

      Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

      Thanks ladies for the compliments...they were def worth the time invested into making them. I got so many compliments so i knew it was time well spent LOL it would suck if i was the only one that likes them hahaha


      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


      #103 Janet1480

      Janet1480
      • Member
      • 709 posts

        Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

        are you doing OOT bags and looking for a favor idea for the wedding night?

         

        Fi and I were really torn about favors because we have to travel with them there and people also have to bring them back so we decided to bring with us really cute little favor boxes and attach these little chalk board things to write "thank you" on and when we get to Punta Cana we are going to buy key chains. Everyone uses a key chain and its easy to travel back with and serves as a memory at the same time :) we are still considering a little gift bag instead of the box and then we can add in mini bottles of brugal and a local postcard with the keychain...budget will determine that in a little while once i get some other stuff done....and these things also save me from having to travel with anything :)

         

        these are the boxes and bags i found that we are considering....(hard to see the bag in this pic, its not huge but is tall enough for a mini booze bottle to give you the idea....i really love the boxes though LOL)

         



        Hey Ladies!!  Looking for some ideas for wedding favors...not sure what to do for them.  Help please!!



         


        Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


        #104 canadiangirl

        canadiangirl
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,252 posts

          Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

          janet:

           

          they look really good...yeah were doing our DIY too...so funny i sent the FI out to michaels on friday to get some last min stuff for them...and I swear he called every five min trying to get my opinion lol so funny!!! then he spent all day cutting the pockets, the backer for the main invite, and all rsvp...as I made them 6x6 so of course everything had to be custom cut lol.

           

          Im doing them this week so when there finalized Ill post them for you to see. And the picture of the wedding site is so nice!!!!! I still havent figured out how to post pics on here yet lol but when i do ill show you ours lol.

           

          Yeah were bringing alot of our decorations too were doing paper lanterns in burnt orange, turquoise blue, and then im going to add touches of black so it matches our invites(which youll see soon lol) the over all look we wanted was resort chic.

           

          Yeah because our colors are so close we should recycle our stuff, then do it for other brides. Once I get my notes all together ill let you know what were doing in our welcome book, right now there all over the place...random thoughts on anything i can find lol.

           

          ill be on here tomorrow..hopefully i can figure out the uploading of pics......and here is the link to the foot candy!!! it will be in the next post, as i have to find it now lol


          Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


          #105 canadiangirl

          canadiangirl
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,252 posts

            Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

             http://www.redibyche...m/?page_id=1994

             

            This is the link her name is Chelsea .... like I said shes really great and will work with your colors too. Let me know how it works out for you!!!


            Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


            #106 canadiangirl

            canadiangirl
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,252 posts

              Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

              Yeah def doing OTT bags, I found really great ones this weekend at dollarama they had all my colors. So now I just have to get our names on them with the date...here is what im putting in them.

               

              Despos camera

              travel cup with our names on them

              room card holders (with the spiral arm band)

              flip flops

              (HANGOVER BAGS) asprin...pepto.....chapstick.....mints....instant coffee pack and tea and a first aid kit (this will be in its own bag)

              for the women Im putting a hair flower

              and for the men im thinking of axe body spray

              hand cream

               

              Thats all i have for now lol as for yours, Im with you I LOVE THE BOXES but wont they be hard to pack in you carry on bag? if so do the bags.....there still really nice!!!!

               


              Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica


              #107 torilynnsmith

              torilynnsmith
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,748 posts

                Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

                Hi Canadian Girl,

                 

                you said you found your bags at dollarama?  Do you mind posting a pic if you can figure it out lol I would love to know what they look like as the american brides all have great options but us canadian brides have a harder time!!!



                #108 Janet1480

                Janet1480
                • Member
                • 709 posts

                  Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

                  Thanks, i connected with her. she is a sweetheart. I actually connected with her before you sent me this, i didnt realize it was the same person LOL i had been chatting with her in another thread on the forum boards.

                   

                  I cant wait to see your pics. its actually really easy....above the box where you type you see a bunch of options...if you run your cursor/mouse over them they tell you their function and one of them is "insert image" click on that and then browse the pics you want to upload and hit submit and you are done. You dont have to add an album on here or anything like that :) let me know if you have questions.

                   

                  Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

                   http://www.redibyche...m/?page_id=1994

                   

                  This is the link her name is Chelsea .... like I said shes really great and will work with your colors too. Let me know how it works out for you!!!



                   


                  Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


                  #109 Janet1480

                  Janet1480
                  • Member
                  • 709 posts

                    Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

                    I still cant find my OOT bags...i'll have to go check dollarama now to see what they have. worst case i will do funky gift bags. hopefully you can upload a pic so i can see what they look like :)

                     

                    How are you travelling with everything? 

                     

                    Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

                    Yeah def doing OTT bags, I found really great ones this weekend at dollarama they had all my colors. So now I just have to get our names on them with the date...here is what im putting in them.

                     

                    Despos camera

                    travel cup with our names on them

                    room card holders (with the spiral arm band)

                    flip flops

                    (HANGOVER BAGS) asprin...pepto.....chapstick.....mints....instant coffee pack and tea and a first aid kit (this will be in its own bag)

                    for the women Im putting a hair flower

                    and for the men im thinking of axe body spray

                    hand cream

                     

                    Thats all i have for now lol as for yours, Im with you I LOVE THE BOXES but wont they be hard to pack in you carry on bag? if so do the bags.....there still really nice!!!!

                     



                     


                    Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


                    #110 heatherd

                    heatherd
                    • Newbie
                    • 37 posts

                      Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

                      I don't know if I'm going to do OOT bags or just a favor for the wedding night.  I was thinking about the traveling back with stuff too, and I don't want to have to pack to much stuff.  I like your ideas!  I was thinking of getting a few little things too once we get to Jamaica and then place them on the tables at the reseption.  I like those boxes you found!  They are really nice!!! 

                      Thank you for your input!! I'm a little clueless when it comes to that stuff! :)

                       

                      Originally Posted by Janet1480 

                      are you doing OOT bags and looking for a favor idea for the wedding night?

                       

                      Fi and I were really torn about favors because we have to travel with them there and people also have to bring them back so we decided to bring with us really cute little favor boxes and attach these little chalk board things to write "thank you" on and when we get to Punta Cana we are going to buy key chains. Everyone uses a key chain and its easy to travel back with and serves as a memory at the same time :) we are still considering a little gift bag instead of the box and then we can add in mini bottles of brugal and a local postcard with the keychain...budget will determine that in a little while once i get some other stuff done....and these things also save me from having to travel with anything :)

                       

                      these are the boxes and bags i found that we are considering....(hard to see the bag in this pic, its not huge but is tall enough for a mini booze bottle to give you the idea....i really love the boxes though LOL)

                       

                      SAM_3665.jpgSAM_3663.jpg

                       



                       



                       






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Bing (1)