Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#101 heatherd

heatherd
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

OMG!!! Your invites are amazing!!!  I love them!!  Very creative!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

totally okay considering I'm exhausted so it made it easier for my eyes hahahah

Thats totally awesome and i am totally game! it would be nice for sure if we lived closer, always nice to have someone else to plan with....and shop with! I LOVE LOVE shopping! you should see my closet LOL  Its nice to help each other with ideas, tips tricks and have just been great support for each other so I would love to be able to share with you as well. :) :)

can you send me a link to the lady for the barefoot sandals? That would be awesome! in all the things on this site i have actually never explored the wiki part of it (shame on me!) lol

my colors are turquoise, fuschia and lime green :) we are so close in colors. So we could definitely share stuff and bounce ideas off each other. this is my color swatch

Janet_PMS.jpg

I am bringing most of my decoration. I am using one of the resorts package which is aqua color so its very close to my turquoise so that was perfect and then i am adding to it

This was my ceremony inspiration but with my colors and prob not the flowers up the aisle (would cost a fortune)

inspiration.jpg

My welcome brochure will be tagged (dont know how just yet as my final design isnt done yet) to a bag (also tbd lol)

it will have

-welcome letter

-itinerary

-photo share info

-Guest Information

-Spanish Translations

-i've made some personalized crosswords and puzzles that i will include as well

Still a work in progress and the design options are in the works. I have some fun ideas. I can put some stuff together and send it to you or share templates if you'd like :)

I did my invites myself and it took about a week LOL mine were pretty elaborate though, i even made the pockets myself. here is a pic :) (sorry these are the work in progress pics so they are not great but i dont have my other pics on this computer)  i used different liner for themailing and return envelopes,  ribbons to tie them up and different flower on the inside but everything else was the same for every invite.

SAM_3420.jpgSAM_3126.jpgSAM_3340.jpg

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :S

#102 heatherd

heatherd
    • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hey Ladies!!  Looking for some ideas for wedding favors...not sure what to do for them.  Help please!!

#103 Janet1480

Janet1480
      • 709 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Thanks ladies for the compliments...they were def worth the time invested into making them. I got so many compliments so i knew it was time well spent LOL it would suck if i was the only one that likes them hahaha

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#104 Janet1480

Janet1480
        • 709 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

are you doing OOT bags and looking for a favor idea for the wedding night?

Fi and I were really torn about favors because we have to travel with them there and people also have to bring them back so we decided to bring with us really cute little favor boxes and attach these little chalk board things to write "thank you" on and when we get to Punta Cana we are going to buy key chains. Everyone uses a key chain and its easy to travel back with and serves as a memory at the same time :) we are still considering a little gift bag instead of the box and then we can add in mini bottles of brugal and a local postcard with the keychain...budget will determine that in a little while once i get some other stuff done....and these things also save me from having to travel with anything :)

these are the boxes and bags i found that we are considering....(hard to see the bag in this pic, its not huge but is tall enough for a mini booze bottle to give you the idea....i really love the boxes though LOL)

Hey Ladies!!  Looking for some ideas for wedding favors...not sure what to do for them.  Help please!!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#105 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

janet:

they look really good...yeah were doing our DIY too...so funny i sent the FI out to michaels on friday to get some last min stuff for them...and I swear he called every five min trying to get my opinion lol so funny!!! then he spent all day cutting the pockets, the backer for the main invite, and all rsvp...as I made them 6x6 so of course everything had to be custom cut lol.

Im doing them this week so when there finalized Ill post them for you to see. And the picture of the wedding site is so nice!!!!! I still havent figured out how to post pics on here yet lol but when i do ill show you ours lol.

Yeah were bringing alot of our decorations too were doing paper lanterns in burnt orange, turquoise blue, and then im going to add touches of black so it matches our invites(which youll see soon lol) the over all look we wanted was resort chic.

Yeah because our colors are so close we should recycle our stuff, then do it for other brides. Once I get my notes all together ill let you know what were doing in our welcome book, right now there all over the place...random thoughts on anything i can find lol.

ill be on here tomorrow..hopefully i can figure out the uploading of pics......and here is the link to the foot candy!!! it will be in the next post, as i have to find it now lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#106 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

http://www.redibyche...m/?page_id=1994

This is the link her name is Chelsea .... like I said shes really great and will work with your colors too. Let me know how it works out for you!!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#107 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Yeah def doing OTT bags, I found really great ones this weekend at dollarama they had all my colors. So now I just have to get our names on them with the date...here is what im putting in them.

Despos camera

travel cup with our names on them

room card holders (with the spiral arm band)

flip flops

(HANGOVER BAGS) asprin...pepto.....chapstick.....mints....instant coffee pack and tea and a first aid kit (this will be in its own bag)

for the women Im putting a hair flower

and for the men im thinking of axe body spray

hand cream

Thats all i have for now lol as for yours, Im with you I LOVE THE BOXES but wont they be hard to pack in you carry on bag? if so do the bags.....there still really nice!!!!

#108 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Hi Canadian Girl,

you said you found your bags at dollarama?  Do you mind posting a pic if you can figure it out lol I would love to know what they look like as the american brides all have great options but us canadian brides have a harder time!!!

#109 Janet1480

Janet1480
                  • 709 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

Thanks, i connected with her. she is a sweetheart. I actually connected with her before you sent me this, i didnt realize it was the same person LOL i had been chatting with her in another thread on the forum boards.

I cant wait to see your pics. its actually really easy....above the box where you type you see a bunch of options...if you run your cursor/mouse over them they tell you their function and one of them is "insert image" click on that and then browse the pics you want to upload and hit submit and you are done. You dont have to add an album on here or anything like that :) let me know if you have questions.

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

http://www.redibyche...m/?page_id=1994

This is the link her name is Chelsea .... like I said shes really great and will work with your colors too. Let me know how it works out for you!!!

#110 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

I still cant find my OOT bags...i'll have to go check dollarama now to see what they have. worst case i will do funky gift bags. hopefully you can upload a pic so i can see what they look like :)

How are you travelling with everything? 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

Yeah def doing OTT bags, I found really great ones this weekend at dollarama they had all my colors. So now I just have to get our names on them with the date...here is what im putting in them.

Despos camera

travel cup with our names on them

room card holders (with the spiral arm band)

flip flops

(HANGOVER BAGS) asprin...pepto.....chapstick.....mints....instant coffee pack and tea and a first aid kit (this will be in its own bag)

for the women Im putting a hair flower

and for the men im thinking of axe body spray

hand cream

Thats all i have for now lol as for yours, Im with you I LOVE THE BOXES but wont they be hard to pack in you carry on bag? if so do the bags.....there still really nice!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users