Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
imajoseph

Canadian Newbies !

Recommended Posts

Well said Peach! I agree, you clearly picked those two for a reason. Either they do alot of weddings and will be very experienced at putting it together for you or maybe they don't get many weddings and so will be super helpful and accomadating in order to start getting some buzz on forims like this one. I would just suggest that if they don't do weddings very often to make sure you are very clear about every detail of what you want on your day, put it all in writing and send a copy to every person who will be involved in putting it together for you.

 

Originally Posted by Peach View Post


Sorry, I cannot help you about those specific resorts. However, I am going to be getting married at a resort that I cannot really find much information about either. Just keep searching, and go with your gut; who cares that everyone else doesn't get married there too? To me, that is a selling feature!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!! Wish I could help you with info but just keep searching this forum and I am sure everyone who can will help you out!
 

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be View Post

Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

 

Thanks!!

Super Excited,

Laurie



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey,

At first I was looking to get maried in Cuba and I found that the most information you can find on tripadvisor!

It is very hard to get info on all those places cause of embargo. But if you email resorts, you will get your answers. Cuban are very nice and will try to help you as much as they can. I had a great experience getting answers from them.
Good Luck!!!

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be View Post

Hey!!  I am a Canadian Newbie!!  I am planning my wedding for Dec 2012, and hoping for either the Melia Las Dunas or the Paradisus Varadero.   There isn't much feedback about those two resorts, do you guys know anything, or anyone who's had a wedding there?

 

Thanks!!

Super Excited,

Laurie



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great advice! Printing everything off - multiple copies - is so important!
 

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Well said Peach! I agree, you clearly picked those two for a reason. Either they do alot of weddings and will be very experienced at putting it together for you or maybe they don't get many weddings and so will be super helpful and accomadating in order to start getting some buzz on forims like this one. I would just suggest that if they don't do weddings very often to make sure you are very clear about every detail of what you want on your day, put it all in writing and send a copy to every person who will be involved in putting it together for you.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go!
 

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be View Post

Well I definitely want one of those two resorts, so I will be the trailblazer and document my journey here for future use!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought it was a little pointless myself but they specifically stated that our birth certificate must include our parents' names. A few of the other brides on the forum for our resort contacted them and they said it was needed for the liscense. I won't argue as it's only costing us 40 bucks a piece. As for the passports, it's just for id/proof of your legally visiting the country, all resorts ask to see them when you arrive, ours is simply doing this in advance to save time on the paperwork. When we were there last year for a cousin's wedding they asked to see the passports of the couple and all the witnesses.

 

Originally Posted by kat2012 View Post


When we were getting our documents done, we did not have to get our long birth certificates. Just a regular short one. And we did not need any passports too. i find it is quite weird since we are getting married in Jamaica too.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I see, that is quite weird that they would have different requests for...
 

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Yeah I thought it was a little pointless myself but they specifically stated that our birth certificate must include our parents' names. A few of the other brides on the forum for our resort contacted them and they said it was needed for the liscense. I won't argue as it's only costing us 40 bucks a piece. As for the passports, it's just for id/proof of your legally visiting the country, all resorts ask to see them when you arrive, ours is simply doing this in advance to save time on the paperwork. When we were there last year for a cousin's wedding they asked to see the passports of the couple and all the witnesses.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to all the newbies! I remember how exciting it was to start on this journey a year ago...I was so pumped and couldn't fill my head with enough ideas and information. My wedding is in 2 1/2 weeks and so I am pretty much done. I'm not sure how to "bump" an old thread so thought I would just post a few comments/suggestions based on my experience to help make your planning somewhat easier.

 

1) First off there are all sorts of fabulous templates on this site which you can't access unless you submit XX number of postings. I by passed that all togethe and put out the $30 ?? right way so I could have immediate access (no, I don't work for this site LOL).

2) Sign up with Michaels and Vistaprint to get on their mailing lists for special offers....you'll be amazed at the savings if you plan it right.

3) Keep an eye on Etsy and Ebay...lots of great stuff come up on there.

4) If you have to order something in bulk for from the US---try and see if you can get a couple of ladies to go in with you on certain items...savings are good!

 

Enjoy exploring this site ladies....you will have a blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×