Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
imajoseph

Canadian Newbies !

Recommended Posts

Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
 

Originally Posted by traceysteve View Post

Ladies,

I got home last night and found my invites waiting for me. Can I tell you how much I love, love, love them!!! When I get home tonight, I will post pics, but if there are any other brides-to-be not wanting to make their own, please check out Kendra www.gottheinvite.com She was fantastic, the easiest person I've dealt with so far, with this wedding planning business. Because of the strike, she had them expedited via purolator. Although, now that I have them, I'm not sure what to do with them because Canada Post is STILL on STRIKKKKEEEEE!!! Boo!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is such a great idea! I love the fact that your giving the winner a prizes it gives them more motivation and it's fun!

 

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much fun! Wedding Amazing Race HAHA

 

have fun!

 

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We used to live in Halifax and I miss it soooo much!!!!! I think you came up with a great solution to this postal strike!!!!

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Here's MY plan. For the local invites we are dividing them amongst the members of the wedding party who live in our city and we are having a race to see who can deliver all of theirs the fastest, winner gets free dinner. For our Nova Scotia guests we are sending all the invites in a single Purolater package to my FI's aunt in Halifax who will hand deliver to the guests out there. We have a couple in Edmonton and New York who already know they are coming and understand that they will probably only get a paper invite if the strike ends, otherwise they're getting a very nice e-vite. Good Luck!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passport pics done!  We have to renew ours but are getting our sons done for the first time....and trying to get my 2 year old not to smile was so funny!!!  But he did it!!  Yay!  Now just have to get our birth certificates notarized (thanks for the info on that Canadiangirl!)  and the paperwork part is taken care of!!  Now if Canada post would go back to work I could start looking for all my reply's in the mail!!  eek.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh! That comment gives me a great idea for a stag & doe, lol. We'll have people racing allover the place!

 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

So much fun! Wedding Amazing Race HAHA

 

have fun!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LOL glad i could help without realizing i was helping :P
 

Originally Posted by Nikadawn View Post

Ooooh! That comment gives me a great idea for a stag & doe, lol. We'll have people racing allover the place!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Great idea. To be honest, hand delivering has been pretty nice, so far of 75 invites, 10 are already out, and another 4 more tomorrow..it may take a while, but they'll get out.
 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post


LOL glad i could help without realizing i was helping :P
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


No problem at all!

this canada post thing is killing me, I thought getting the invites out early was a great thing...but now only half my ppl actually got them lol

for my sanity i need them to get back to work! lol

 

how is your planning going?

Originally Posted by heatherd View Post

Passport pics done!  We have to renew ours but are getting our sons done for the first time....and trying to get my 2 year old not to smile was so funny!!!  But he did it!!  Yay!  Now just have to get our birth certificates notarized (thanks for the info on that Canadiangirl!)  and the paperwork part is taken care of!!  Now if Canada post would go back to work I could start looking for all my reply's in the mail!!  eek.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×