Canadian Newbies !

imajoseph

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear Janet, but it is for a pretty good reason. Don't worry, just one of the many bumps in the road, in a bit, it will have just looked like a pebble...hold your head up, we're all here for you!! hugs!

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

so I dont have a maid of honor anymore! my wedding is in 4.5 months! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I feel you girls,
I have had a rediculous situation as well... One of my best girlfriends was so excited for my wedding, she was in the bridal party and bought her dress and everything was a go.  When it came time for her to pay her deposit she backed out... I had to find a replacement, which was no big deal because I have the best sister in law in the world and asked her.  It has been 3 months since the switch, and when our dresses all arrived and she tried it on with us and noticed she would be missing out, she decided she wanted back in.  Even though it would have been a headache for me to find another guy to step in and then arrange for gifts for her as well and set up the same things I had lined up for the other girls, I told her she could be back in it.  I had originally paid for half her dress and was going to pay for alterations because she was a student and I wanted to help her out....  She decided to come right out and tell me she would only come if I paid for half of her dress and alterations, as it wasnt fair for me to do it for the other girls and not her too..... This ticked me off, I had already had to find a replacement for her, and pay for those items for this new bridesmaid.... and now she wanted back in, and expected me to pay for this for her? I explained to her why this requet was unreasonable and she simply said "its your wedding, you should expect to pay for things"..... I realize that, and I would have had no issues helping her out... if a) She made up her mind on if she was coming or not... or B)she didnt EXPECT me to do these things for her...

OMG! How annoying, I would have lost it!!! So what was the final decision? Is she back in the wedding?! It sounds like she is a little selfish, maybe she doesn't realize that it being your wedding doesn't only mean you pay for things but its also YOUR WEDDING!!!!

I think we are lucky so far with our bridal party but I am sure our own issues will come up!!

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

I feel you girls,
I have had a rediculous situation as well... One of my best girlfriends was so excited for my wedding, she was in the bridal party and bought her dress and everything was a go.  When it came time for her to pay her deposit she backed out... I had to find a replacement, which was no big deal because I have the best sister in law in the world and asked her.  It has been 3 months since the switch, and when our dresses all arrived and she tried it on with us and noticed she would be missing out, she decided she wanted back in.  Even though it would have been a headache for me to find another guy to step in and then arrange for gifts for her as well and set up the same things I had lined up for the other girls, I told her she could be back in it.  I had originally paid for half her dress and was going to pay for alterations because she was a student and I wanted to help her out....  She decided to come right out and tell me she would only come if I paid for half of her dress and alterations, as it wasnt fair for me to do it for the other girls and not her too..... This ticked me off, I had already had to find a replacement for her, and pay for those items for this new bridesmaid.... and now she wanted back in, and expected me to pay for this for her? I explained to her why this requet was unreasonable and she simply said "its your wedding, you should expect to pay for things"..... I realize that, and I would have had no issues helping her out... if a) She made up her mind on if she was coming or not... or B)she didnt EXPECT me to do these things for her...

I totally would have lost my SH*T...there is no way that she should expect anything from you after what she did. i never understood how us brides get the cost of everything??!!!!! like were not paying enough already. lol

i hope it works out for you, and what was the outcome of it all what did u do?

Oh my goodness ladies...so sorry to hear all that...I decided to keep things really simple in regards to bridal party....my daughter is my bridesmaid and my FI is having his best friend...that's it! I didn't want a bridal party...I didn't want anyone to have to completely commit so early on..I went into this destination wedding wanting it to be as less stressful and as simple as possible. No drama for me:)

LOL!! is that what that button is for! LOL!!  I

As for my planning...I'm a little anxious...I can't wait to get there....I'm stuck right now with nothing really to do and its kinda nice.
cheesy.gif  Are you enjoying the planning?  Its not too bad, seeing as a lot will be taken care of by the resort..which is one reason why we're doing destination. :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Heatherd I want to teach you the multi button for quotes lol!!!!!!!!

Can't get over how far ahead you are in your planning!!! Good for you!!!! 

WOW i have a lot of catching up to do ...thats what happens when you are offline a few days :S

Originally Posted by Natalie2012 View Post

Oh my goodness ladies...so sorry to hear all that...I decided to keep things really simple in regards to bridal party....my daughter is my bridesmaid and my FI is having his best friend...that's it! I didn't want a bridal party...I didn't want anyone to have to completely commit so early on..I went into this destination wedding wanting it to be as less stressful and as simple as possible. No drama for me:)

SMART! In a way i wish i would have done the same but then again i am enjoying the planning parts for the bridal party as well and love the look in pics :)

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

Janet:

I just found  out yesterday that my bridesmaid wont be making our wedding either, which is also mikes best man too(husband and wife couple), so i totally understand the frustration, and the sadness! keep ur head up hun

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO thaat really sucks hun *hugs* you have a long way to go though so hopefully something changes for you

This sucks!!!!  Leigh you should go to Janet's wedding and Janet you should go to Leigh's!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this for both of you, very disappointing.  I am sure we may have a few of these... cross that bridge when we get to it!

HAHAHHAH that would be awesome! im hoping to be popping babies by then or at least be VERY pregnant lol

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

I feel you girls,

That was very unfair of her....i would have explained my perception of the situation to her. People dont understand the time and energy that goes into planning and you cant yo-yo like that cause it changes everything! what did you decided finally?

Well put!  I agree Janet! smile03.gif

Stay positive Janet, I get the frustration with last minute changes but I am sure it will all work out.  It's your day so don't sweat the small stuff!!!! As long as you and FI are there it'll be beautiful and perfect!!!!