Melissa's (wilsoml2) Dreams Cancun 7/2/2010 Wedding Review

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a great review!!! congrats!

I HATE AA, the first time we came back from cancun...we missed our connection (their fault, not ours) and they did NOTHING about it!! we were stuck in the airport for like 22 hours until i got so upset (and LOUD) that they put us on a Delta flightl...NEVER again!!

anyway I LOVE your pics! I'm so glad to hear yet another bride that was satisfied with Juan Navarro, I was scared when we couldnt afford our own photog, but im really excited about Juan now!

couple of questions...did they let you have the reception in the spa terrace only b/c the other one was closed down or do they have them in either? I wanted to have it in the spa terrace, but i don't remember where i read that it's not usaully available.

also, if you don't mind me asking, how much was DJ Doremixx? Cecilia told me that we could only use DJ Mannia, which i'm fine with, but not if it's going to cost more, that's not fair at all!!

finally, how long did you have the photogs for? our package is for 1.5 to 2 hours, i'm planning on getting maybe 2 extra hours, but not sure if its worth it?

oopps forgot a couple...was the minister standing to the side the whole time? and did you send him your script directly or through the WC?

ok thats it...for now, lol!!

thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
what a great review!!! congrats!

I HATE AA, the first time we came back from cancun...we missed our connection (their fault, not ours) and they did NOTHING about it!! we were stuck in the airport for like 22 hours until i got so upset (and LOUD) that they put us on a Delta flightl...NEVER again!!

anyway I LOVE your pics! I'm so glad to hear yet another bride that was satisfied with Juan Navarro, I was scared when we couldnt afford our own photog, but im really excited about Juan now!

couple of questions...did they let you have the reception in the spa terrace only b/c the other one was closed down or do they have them in either? I wanted to have it in the spa terrace, but i don't remember where i read that it's not usaully available.

also, if you don't mind me asking, how much was DJ Doremixx? Cecilia told me that we could only use DJ Mannia, which i'm fine with, but not if it's going to cost more, that's not fair at all!!

finally, how long did you have the photogs for? our package is for 1.5 to 2 hours, i'm planning on getting maybe 2 extra hours, but not sure if its worth it?

oopps forgot a couple...was the minister standing to the side the whole time? and did you send him your script directly or through the WC?

ok thats it...for now, lol!!

thanks so much!!
Juan Navarro's team is great, I hope you love their work as much as I did! We only had them for the length of time that the Ultimate package gave us, which probably was about 2 hours. I think it would have been nice having them a little longer for some 'getting ready' pictures and some of the reception as well. We had a friend that's a semi-pro photog taking some pictures, but also having Juan's team was nice because they knew exactly where to go to get the best shots. I do kind of wish we had spent the extra money to have more time with them.

As for the reception, Cecilia said that they don't usually offer the spa terrace but since the club terrace was closed, we could have it. Maybe if you asked her specifically for it? I did remember reading somewhere that the reception has to start after the spa closes, however, which is at 8 pm.

I believe the DJ was about $950. Cecilia quoted me $280 an hour + 11.5% tax. I think Dreams charges the same for all of the DJs, regardless of who it is. My guess is that Doremixx was already booked which is why you can only get Mannia. I've heard good things about them as well!

As for the officiant, Gino, he was actually moving around quite a bit. At first he was directly in front of us, almost standing in the aisle. Then he went off to the side for a bit. During our vows, he standed behind the person who wasn't speaking. For instance, when I was saying my vows, Gino was behind my husband. I think he did that so we could see what he was saying besides just listening for it. After telling Cecilia that we wanted to use our own script, she had Gino email me and I sent him the script directly. This was probably 3-4 months prior. He emailed me a few days before the wedding then, to make sure we hadn't made any changes. I'm not sure that's how it works for every officiant though, since I know that Dreams uses several. In fact, Cecilia had forgotten that she had arranged Gino to come since she asked if we preferred what gender the officiant was!

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyan02 View Post
Thank you for the review Melissa! We will be flying out of MSP and have TA Jill for our wedding! Your wedding looked great and the pics where amazing! Every review I learn something new and I loved how you had a special first dance!
And you're getting married at DC, too?! That's awesome! You're going to love it, a few of my guests are already talking about going back next year! Good luck planning, it'll be here before you know it!

yes it does!!! thank you, i'll have to email Cecilia to get in touch with Gino. I had told her that we wanted to have him be our officiant a while ago and that we wanted our own script, but i'll send her a little reminder since we're just over 2 months out now.

Ahhhh Melissa, I LOVE seeing your pics, they bring back such good memories of my wedding :)

Great review, I'm so happy that most everything turned out very well for you.

Thank you very much for your kinds words, you & your group were wonderful to work with!