Photographer needed for Feb 2011 Wedding at Bavaro

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 chantalemarcel

chantalemarcel
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

Hi all,

Just would like to know if you know of anyone that does really great photo's at this resort. I was given photocaribe by my WC however I have emailed them, with only one reply asking for deposit, and since then have never heard anything back. I am starting to get real nervous as the big day is approaching, we want to book someone now and I wont settle for half decent photos as its the most important to me.

Any suggestions would help :)

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

what about jorge allocco on the forum? Punta Cana Wedding Photography | Wedding Photographer from Dominican Republic

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 beachbridebliss

beachbridebliss
    • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

I just got married August 18, 2010 at the Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.  Michael Weiler was our photographer and his brother Pascal is the videographer.  All I can say is AMAZING!  They are great to deal with and what you get for your money is phenomenal!  We got married on Wednesday and did a Trash The Dress session on Thursday, we had our pics and video by 6:00pm on Friday! The quality is superior!   Michaels website is weddingpuntacana.com.  We received a hard bound 30 page album, 75 printed photos, 500 edited photos on a CD as well as the trash the dress sesion and a video of that session all for the amazing price of 1200.00!!!!   You can also check out his viedos on You Tube, I think it's Caribbean Emotions.  Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Best of Luck

Julie

#4 beachbridebliss

beachbridebliss
      • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

Here are a few pics

Attached Files

#5 nicole8

nicole8
        • 83 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

We had used Huellas del Caribe for our wedding at Dreams La Romana in May of 2010 and are very happy with all of our wedding photos and Video.  They did everything we asked and more in a very professional and friendly manner.  We got our photos and video within hours and they were so beautiful.  If you are going to have your wedding in the Dominician Republic we definitly reccommend Arnaud Brichet and his crew.

Email me if you want to see some photo's  nicole.bruce29@gmail.com

#6 khomac

khomac
          • 380 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

I've heard good things about all of those photographers.  I believe they all take their business seriously and I think they can all be found on facebook as well.

Phil or Michael Steingard will probably already be down there for weddings as well in February 2011 so you can contact either of them for prices.  Look in my siggy for links to their website to contact them.

Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
            Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#7 chantalemarcel

chantalemarcel
            • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

Thanks all for the wonderful replies I will be sure to check all of them out. I have tried to contact the resort as well as photographer again to no avail.  I heard I cannot bring a photographer off site, but if they cannot get back to me I will do as I please do to this un accountability and lack of customer service.  Who is to say this is not one of my wedding guests :)  wink wink

#8 chantalemarcel

chantalemarcel
              • 18 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:12 PM

Ive tried to email Michael S. But have not gotten a response back.  Sometimes I hate emailing as there isn't a guarantee that things do not go in your junk mail.  I will try again for sure.

#9 khomac

khomac
                • 380 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

He's also on facebook, his pic is green background with sunglasses on.  He's usually quick to reply.

Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                  Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#10 jrod07

jrod07
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 98 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

I've also read great things about Photosouvenir's photography in Punta Cana.  I will be contacting HDC and photosouvenir to compare packages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users