I am a new member in need of help!

ssingh01

Hello Everyone!

I am a new member to BDW. My name is Sima and live in the UK. I am hoping to marry in Mexico in September 2012.

I am currently finding it very difficult to obtain prices for wedding packages as I am looking so far in advance.I have contacted a few travel agents who have provided me with information that I already have in have brochures,they've not really been helpful at all.

I am looking for a resort that can cater for a wide range of ages including children, somewhere that can accomadate a large wedding party, a place that can provide a wedding reception for my guests. I would like to have a beach front ceromony which is really essential.

Two resorts that are looking promising at the moment are Dreams Tulum and Playacar Palace, if anyone has booked either of these resorts or has any information such as prices and additional services that are provided would be very helpful.

If there are any other resorts come to mind please feel free to make suggestions, I have so much time to plan, I am open to resort locations, I just want to be able to have a great day with my family and friends.

I am glad to have found this forum and look forward to any ideas or suggestions that you all have.

Sima

The Destination wedding web site that your on has amazing Travel Agents. They are a good start. Most of the hotels in Mexico offer beach front ceromonies so your in luck there. I was looking to not have a beach front ceromony and found that I was more limited to resort choice. I would choose location in mexico first and then venture out from there. There are so many resorts to choose from and many allow children and have lots of activites. Large groups will often require a private reception another thing I am running into because the resturaunts at the AI's usually won't "group" off sections over 50. This website is so helpful and will really help with your planning! Good luck and happy planning!

Hi Sima, you will find it hard to book packages that far in advance, especially since most of them deal with charter airlines that rarely have information for more than a year in advance. I don't know about the UK, but do some searches online or on this forum for travel agents that deal specifically with destination weddings. (I live in Canada and found a wonderful travel agent, Weddings By Oceans,who could get us information/prices about a year in advance) I am sure there should be something similar in the UK.

The two resorts you have listed are both good resorts and are very large. My fiancee and I wanted everything a large resort offered but in a smaller package. We choose the Azul Sensatori, and when we did our site inspection in April, I was very surprised to find many guests were from the UK. You may find this to be a suitable option for you as well.

Best of luck with your planning. :)

Hi - welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of great info and really helpful ladies (and the odd guy) on here!!

Sure your find the perfect hotel. If a beach wedding is what you want make sure you ask if it is private. I really wanted a beach wedding, but after I booked I found out the beach wasn't that private (people on sun loungers a stone throw away!). Luckily they have some private lush gardens which I've fallen in love with now! Just a little thing to keep in mind when booking!

There is a thread - http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ides-uk-58664/

which has a load fellow UK Brides and there are some girls having the same issue - they may have some advice for you. and suggest some local UK based TA's.

Good luck!