Gran Bahia & Marcia Roberts Photography

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Pam061510

Pam061510
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am very new to this forum and my first post! I recently got married at the Gran Bahia, Runaway Bay, Jamaica in June. I can definately tell you that this resort is beautiful! Pictures do absolutely no justice! Beverly, the wedding planner, did an amazing job! Everything was on schedule and went very smoothly. She is great to work with, very helpful and made me feel at ease. For anyone who is looking to get married at the Gran Bahia, I have no complaints!

After reading this forum re: photography, I decided against the resort photographer and reasearched outside photographers. I chose Marcia Roberts for a few reasons: Her photos grabbed my attention, her prices were reasonable & there was no time limit. Marcia & her assistants were so much fun to work with and there were always there helping in any way they can. Hardly anything was posed and that is what I like! They definitely captured every moment, especially the funny ones! I received my photos in a week and they were amazing! If you are in search of a Jamaican photographer, I definitely recommend Marcia!

www.jamacianphotography.com

If you have any questions, I will be glad to help!

Pam

#2 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
    • 166 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. I have her booked for our wedding! She has been extremely flexible in working with out very limited budget, she's very sweet!

#3 mekanabr

mekanabr
      • 537 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pam061510
        Hello Everyone!

I am very new to this forum and my first post! I recently got married at the Gran Bahia, Runaway Bay, Jamaica in June. I can definately tell you that this resort is beautiful! Pictures do absolutely no justice! Beverly, the wedding planner, did an amazing job! Everything was on schedule and went very smoothly. She is great to work with, very helpful and made me feel at ease. For anyone who is looking to get married at the Gran Bahia, I have no complaints!

After reading this forum re: photography, I decided against the resort photographer and reasearched outside photographers. I chose Marcia Roberts for a few reasons: Her photos grabbed my attention, her prices were reasonable & there was no time limit. Marcia & her assistants were so much fun to work with and there were always there helping in any way they can. Hardly anything was posed and that is what I like! They definitely captured every moment, especially the funny ones! I received my photos in a week and they were amazing! If you are in search of a Jamaican photographer, I definitely recommend Marcia!

www.jamacianphotography.com

If you have any questions, I will be glad to help!

Pam
        Thanks for sharing, this is great info!! I'd love to see your pictures from GBP!!! :)

#4 AshleyL

AshleyL
        • 263 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience! Do you mind me asking what sort of photo package you got and how much you paid? We are considering bringing our own photographer and I just want to compare the costs. Thanks so much!
          Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#5 akua420

akua420
          • 301 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the info! I love hearing positive wedding resort stories.
            Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#6 Pam061510

Pam061510
            • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi Jenn,

I am glad you decided to go with Marcia! I had a limited budget myself and she did her best to work with that. She is great!

Ashley,

The cost is $1000 US for 500 pics plus dvd montage but you should email her anyway because it depends on what you need, she has various packages plus she is very flexible and will work within your budget.

If you wish to see my photos, Marcia has them up on her website:

Jamaica wedding photographer , Marcia Roberts, Negril, Ocho Rios ,Montego Bay, Kingston, www.jamaicanphotography.com

click on weddings, then Pamela & Alvin

#7 wendyjd

wendyjd
              • 968 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

Great pics Pamela!! I'm so excited to be using Marcia as well. Can't wait for the wedding and ttd!!! Congrats on a beautiful wedding.

#8 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
                • 190 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Pam, I am getting married July 24, and I booked Marcia too. So far she has been great to work with from a distance. I booked her last year and since then we have been keeping in touch and she was able to work with my budget as well. I can't wait to meet her in person next week. I love the fact that she doesn't charge based on time limits.

#9 Pam061510

Pam061510
                  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

Thanks Wendy! You will not regret your choice!

Wemkulaf, your wedding is just around the corner, wow! You must be so excited! Marcia is awesome, we got along great and I am so happy I went with her.

Best of luck to you both! :-)

#10 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
                    • 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

I'm meeting with my photographer who did our engagement shoot to talk about bringing them down but the price your photographer offers is kinda hard to beat! thanks so much for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users