For those getting married in 2012

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 new bride to be 81

new bride to be 81
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hi all,

We had originally decided on St lucia for our wedding but have changed our minds to cancun.

I visited a couple of travel agents today and they are all telling me that I cannot book my wedding until the middle of next year!! when the new brochures and prices come out.

Is everyone else who want to get married in 2012 having this problem?? is everywhere the same x x

#2 babestaaa

babestaaa
    • 212 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

I figured their prices aren't up till mid 2011, but its only really about prices. Its about a 12% increase someone mentioned to me. So I guess you can figure that one and see if its okay. I'm getting married in 2012 too and want to be super prepared myself :)

#3 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

Yes, I am having the same problem! However; I am simply taking the time to do all of the research possible, get my vendors in order, look at their reviews etc. This was I will have no doubts when its time to book.

#4 char79uk

char79uk
        • 262 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by new bride to be 81 

Hi all,

We had originally decided on St lucia for our wedding but have changed our minds to cancun.

I visited a couple of travel agents today and they are all telling me that I cannot book my wedding until the middle of next year!! when the new brochures and prices come out.

Is everyone else who want to get married in 2012 having this problem?? is everywhere the same x x

Hi new bride to be 81,

I notice that you are from the UK, I too am getting married in (July) 2012 and am experiencing the same problem, the prices will not be out until May 2011, which is a huge pain.  However, as some of the other ladies have said it just gives us more time to plan and prepare.  I started a thread on here specifically for UK brides, there are a great bunch of ladies on there, come and have a chat with us sometime. 

xx

xxx Charmaine xxx

#5 char79uk

char79uk
          • 262 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

Forgot to say the thread is called 'Any Brides from the UK'

xxx Charmaine xxx

#6 Jolene512

Jolene512
            • 56 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hi Ladies! I agree how frustrating.. That's the first question from my fiancee .. how much??  It's hard to start planning when you can't decide anything..  Lots of time to read up on reviews and such

#7 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

IPOD or DJ?  what will you do? 

#8 delgadot

delgadot
                • 284 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:28 AM

I am also getting married in July 2012. I have already booked my date with the resort because I was set on a particular date and did not want to chance the date being taken. As far as music is concerned I have already booked a DJ as well. The DJ at the resort I chose did not get very good reviews and our families are big dancers so the music has to be on point. A bonus to booking the DJ so early is that he gave me the 2010 price rather then 2012!

But not knowing the exact cost of things is frustrating. I have set my budget but I know that it will most likely come out to be more because I am working with 2010 prices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users