Photo

Jamaican OOT Bag

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 MissSimone

MissSimone
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

Is there any specialty Jamaican items that you ladies are putting in your OOT bags such as Ting, Sangsters Rum Creme, Appleton Rum, St. Mary's Banana Chips, Kola Champagne, Jerk Seasoning etc? What are you doing to make your Jamaican OOT bag special?

#2 sugarmag81

sugarmag81
    • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:34 AM

hey there...I think I'm going to get everyone one of them "Bubba" mugs for drinks. Also thought about putting a water-proof disp. camera in there as well.

#3 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
      • 521 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

I was thinking about the Ting, Appleton Rum, and Blue Mountain Coffee, but the coffee might cost too much...

#4 selassie11

selassie11
        • 206 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

I'm doing Appleton Rum & Blue Mountain Coffee. We're staying in villas so we'll also be putting a 6pk of Red Stripe in each refrigerator.

#5 MissSimone

MissSimone
          • 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

the camera is a good idea. i might put an underwater camera in there. are you ladies putting a welcome note in there? what will it say?

#6 mekanabr

mekanabr
            • 537 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

I'm not sure that I have anything that is Jamaica-specific planned, but I am definitely adding a welcome note. I'm going to print out some basic info about the resort and include a schedule of planned events, plus and other info that I think is important to share (maybe our room number etc) And I also want to include a hand written thank you/welcome note in each one, just to show people how much it means to us to have them there. It's not going to be anything long, prob just something like 'Thank you so much for traveling to Jamaica for our special day. It means so much to us that you're here. Love, Megan & Trevor' Something short and sweet :)

#7 MissSimone

MissSimone
              • 255 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

sounds nice mekanabr. your guests will be thankful :)

#8 TaniBBurwell

TaniBBurwell
                • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MissSimone
                  Is there any specialty Jamaican items that you ladies are putting in your OOT bags such as Ting, Sangsters Rum Creme, Appleton Rum, St. Mary's Banana Chips, Kola Champagne, Jerk Seasoning etc? What are you doing to make your Jamaican OOT bag special?
                  where can you find those items and how much do they cost?

#9 TanyonL

TanyonL
                  • 166 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hi TaniBBurwell. I'm not sure how much everything costs but you might be able to get some of those items from the gift shop at your resort.

#10 MissSimone

MissSimone
                    • 255 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TaniBBurwell
                      where can you find those items and how much do they cost?
                      You can find mostly all those items at the local supermarket or craft market. Also if you try to look online you might be able to buy them wholesale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users