Catalonia Playa Maroma Brides?

Hi mwhite,

I didn't get any pictures from Eduardo -- I looked at the ones Mishaka provided.  A couple of hers were the same as the ones you received.  They put my mind at ease so I stopped asking Eduardo. 

I asked him for examples of photos for the photographer they offer on their package -- but he said he didn't have any but that they were professional.  We decided to go w/ someone else since I couldn't see examples and their packages didn't seem that great.  We might use the hotel photogs for a couple hours near sunset since our wedding is at 10 in the morning (we only booked our photog - Octavio Montes - for 6 hours which only puts us at mid-afternoon). 

If you want to see more pics of a wedding there, check out ilgruppodigitale.com.  This was the group listed on the video packages form -- they have some pics on their site of a wedding there.

We chose CPM because it was a reasonable price range for guests, fabulous beach, and we had a good experience at the Tulum location so I trusted that how it was represented would fit our expectations (we are pretty simple so we weren't looking for the Ritz...just a great location, clean, basic ammenities).  Also, it was one of the only locations where we could actually have a legal wedding on Sunday (we had our hearts set on 10/10/10!).

I'm in the process of tieing out all the details w/ Eduardo.  I tried asking him specific questions like what flowers are part of the package, what time to have reception, etc...and he sent me a form to fill out.  Very basic form.  So, I'm getting the impression that I basically have to tell him everything I want & he'll work to make it happen.  The problem is it is so hard to pick out all these details -- I'm too indecisive!!

INTERVIEW FORMAT ENG.xlsx

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Future Brides,

I just booked my wedding at CPM today, our wedding date is set for March 5th 2011. I see most of you will be having your wedding before me, I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to post pictures of your wedding. I too am a little nervous about this hotel as it's only a 4 star, but the beach sold me! What are you guy's itineraries like? What's after the ceremony? I see someone posted a private cocktail price of $7 dollars each, that's not bad at all, I wonder where this private cocktail area is located and what's included...Well if I get any new information from Eduardo that can help you guys out I will definitely post it. One one thing, is there samples of pictures by the photographer they offer? Are guys planning to hire an outside photographer? What are prices like?

Thank you.

Hi Stylishbride!

My wedding at CPM is right around the corner on 10/10/10....I'll try to post some pics once I have them.

Eduardo never could provide examples of photos from the hotel photographer -- he just said 'their professional'.  I didn't like not being able to see examples.  We are using Octavio Montes. There weren't many photogs available on my date and he was the most reasonable.  So far I'm pretty happy with him because he agreed to split up our time and take pictures in the morning at the ceremony and some at sunset (we booked him for several hours) -- we are also discussing going offsite to either jungle/cenote after the ceremony to get more interesting pics....so far he has been very pleasant and accommodating to deal with. 

We are using the hotel videographer -- so fingers crossed that they will be OK! 

My ceremony is at 10AM (to keep going with the 10/10/10 theme!) but other than that still working out the itinerary w/ Eduardo.  We chose not to do the private cocktail since we are having only ~10 guests.  We are doing just the dinner included in the package.  The only 'extra' thing we've added so far is to have a mariachi after the ceremony.

The one area where I'm pretty frustrated with the process is on the flowers.  Eduardo didn't provide potential options (that are included in the package) -- I sent him example pictures and it took awhile for him to provide answers back with price quotes.  Turns out having lillies is pretty expensive -- the pacakage only includes roses...which he only told me AFTER the fact.

So, I've now decided just to stick with roses and sent him examples of the type/color I want.  Now I'm waiting for him to come back and tell me if they are available.  

I think it will definitely be easier to iron out some of this stuff once we get there -- we arrive at CPM a week before our actual wedding date. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My fiance and I are also really considering having our wedding here too! I've been searching like crazy for a location that has a beautiful beach (we LOVE the beach), All Inclusive, great photo ops, not too pricey, not TOO initimate, but not TOO huge that is also not a far ride from the airport and this seems to be the perfect location! But, I am also having a hard time finding more pictures of weddings done here.  I was reading on TripAdvisor that the majority of the people who go to this resort are actually Italians and French. So, this may be the reason why there's not much out there on this resort??? Well, I do like the photos of the wedding above that Eduardo gave u, MWHITE. But, I hope that they have different archways to pick from, cuz this one looks a lil cheesy lol! I was hoping for the bamboo type that you can drape fabric over. Well, if its not a possibility, it won't be a deal breaker; the view is really perfect by itself anyways :)  Well, do you all know of any packages they offer or mainly what their options are reception wise? And @Kara80, I think I read somewhere that you could get married in their garden, if you don't want to have it on the beach. 

Well, I'm glad I found you all and CONGRATS TFIDELY!! I don't know if you'll read this before you leave, but thought I'd say congrats to the new MRS!! :)

Be sure to share pics when you get back :)