Photo

Hola from DC

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome. I didn't realize there were so many of you from the DC area!

We are expecting about 80-90 people (including children). Ideally, we are looking for a somewhat private place to have the reception, possibly a restaurant terrace overlooking the water, but we want to be able to dance and carry-on without any time restrictions. His family is Latin and they will party until the sun comes up! :)

We are coming down for a site visit on September 21 through 23 and hope to be able to narrow our options to a handful. We want to be able to check out the local Catholic Churches as well. Has anyone done their civil and then a religious ceremony in PDC?

#12 dlou

dlou
    • 100 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

Congrats and welcome to the site!

#13 robindepaula

robindepaula
      • Banned
      • 514 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

Hi & to the forum . . .

Happy Planning!!!
        Robin

#14 Carolena7

Carolena7
        • 785 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

Melissa!!

#15 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by melglnh2o
            Hi all,

My fiancee and I are planning a May 10, 2008 wedding and we think we have narrowed it down to the Playa del Carmen area. We want to be married in a Catholic Church (yes we are aware of how complicated it may be) and then have a reception on/near/overlooking the beach. We are having a heck of a time deciding where to have the reception though. I am hoping that with all the wonderful information that is in this forum, we will be able to pick the perfect spot for us.

I hope everyone is doing well! Congrats to all you brides out there.

Melissa
            Hey Melissa! Welcome! Where in DC are you from? That's where I was born and raised. Mom and Dad just sold their house on the Potomac in Fort Washington to move full time to Ocean City..

#16 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
            • 433 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

Hi Melissa and Welcome from another DC-Metro area bride-to-be! You will absolutely love this forum!

#17 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
              • 766 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

Welcome Melissa!

25 minutes of Playa Del Carmen is Dreams Tulum resort and Spa. They have a chapel there... maybe you can have your wedding there...

#18 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:59 PM

welcome!!!

#19 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

Welcome Melissa! Where is DC do you live? I used to live in Foggy Bottom and loved it!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#20 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
                    • 1,016 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

I have already found so many wonderful ideas on this forum and haven't even come close to looking at everything. Thanks again for everyone's kind greetings.

For those asked and who are familiar with the DC area, I actually live in Rosslyn. Originally from Columbus, Ohio, I moved here via Minnesota almost 10 years ago and I love it here!!

Annie ~ Thanks for your suggestion about Dreams Tulum. Unfortunately the chapel there can only hold about 20 people and we plan on having 4 times that many people.

The research continues...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users