Photo

Limes & peacock feathers centrepiece

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

I wasn't planning on having centrepieces at all, but now only 2 weeks away, I feel like I need something!?!

My colours are blues/greens, so I came up with the idea of using limes and peacock feathers together.

I did a mock up today and this is how it turned out. I am honestly not really sure what I think of it! I mean, it's pretty plain....was definitely easy. I feel like the limes could be placed a little better.

If I decide to go with this, I may have the florist do it...if they will. I suppose I could always change the peacock feathers to flowers too.

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you.

Here is a pic:
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
    • 3,103 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

Wow Ange, I think it's really unique! I was thinking maybe less limes and floating candles but I don't want the peacock feathers to catch fire, haha :)

I'm gonna think and see if can come up with any other options.

#3 ~Angela~

~Angela~
      • 4,172 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hahaha!! No fires please!!!!

#4 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
        • 271 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Honestly, something just isn't right. I'd say either limes and flowers or peacock feathers and maybe rocks or marbles or something like that.

#5 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
          • 188 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by *tinkertoy*
            Honestly, something just isn't right. I'd say either limes and flowers or peacock feathers and maybe rocks or marbles or something like that.
            I agree. I love the peacock feathers but maybe with lime green or white stones/marbles and floating candles would look awesome.

Maybe if you had half cut limes sitting on the bottom of the vase, then floating candles and the feathers. I think the limes could be used as a minimal accent that there should be space between them and the feather.

It is a really great idea!

#6 Tissey

Tissey
            • 172 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

I like it but I think whole limes may look better. And if you want something extra you can put a few votives around the bottom. I think that would really pull it together. Great concept though.

#7 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

I think if you took a ribbon and tied it around the top it might bring it together more. Kinda like this, but a ribbon more suitable to your theme: Click the image to open in full size.

This placement of the ribbon is more what I was thinking:
                Happily married since 2008

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

Or what if you were to take a centerpiece like the one below and place the peacock feathers inside- flat against the glass so it peaks around the whole limes.

I'm probably not explaining it well...but I see it in my head!
                  Happily married since 2008

#9 ~Angela~

~Angela~
                  • 4,172 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

Thanks for the ideas, ladies! I am going to have to work on some of them and see if I can pull something together........or maybe just hand it off to someone else!

#10 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                    • 2,458 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

I really like the concept, but I like the idea Rachel had, with adding a ribbon around the top of the vase....I think that might pull it all together :)
                      Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users