Q about Receptions at Dream Tulum

Hi, I'm just wondering where everyone married at DT had their receptions. I'm getting married in Jan and would really like to have a private reception. Sandra has said my only option for this is to have it on the beach, but i'm worried about it being windy and having sand in our food. Has anyone had a private reception here and if so where did you have it? Sandra has told me if I want it to be private it cost $700 to use one of the restaurants. I'm just trying to see if I have any other options, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm also wondering if anyone has had any wiring done for lighting here and what was the price like to have this done.

Michelle

My sister was married at DT in July. She had a private reception at Portofino in separate room. The room was pretty small and she had around 35 guests. I believe they charged $20 per person, but I do not recall a fee for the actual room. There are speakers that filter into the room but you could not hear the music. It was either really low (inaudible) or really loud and distorted.

Also, I would seriously recommend that you all get someone (family member or friend) to double check that the music works before your ceremony. We wish we would have! They did not do this before her wedding and she had to walk without music for her ceremony! I don't know what the glitch was but her CD worked perfectly on every other music system thereafter.

If I were getting married there I would request having my reception at the Seaside Grill. It is right next to one of the ceremony locations and you are on the beach, but NOT in the sand and it is a beautiful view!

Hi !

Here are many wedding pictures of Allison + Wesly's wedding at Dreams Tulum.

I did e-mail her and she only gave me positive things about the resort + Sandra+ wedding.

Check all the pictures... lots and lots of them ! She had a beach reception and said there was no sand in her meal !

Don't forget, you need to take the 2nd or the 3rd package to have your meal on the beach ... for free ! Package 1 does not include a beach or private reception !

The Wedding Celebration of Alison McGraw & Wesley Cox

Thanks for all the info!!! If there was no problem with sand in the food on the beach then this is definately an option for me. I did request to have a private reception at the seaside grill, but Sandra said this would cost $700USD. I am going with the 2nd wedding package. Thanks for the tip about the music i'll be sure to have family triple check it out for me!!!

Michelle

WOW!!! those pictures are fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for thanks so much for posting them. Is Allison on the forum? I was just wondering what the cost was for the wiring i'm hoping to do the same thing with the paper lanterns. I emailed Sandra to find out about it but am still waiting for a response. Also do you happen to know where she got her lanterns from? I love the reception on the beach!!!! thanks again for all your help

Michelle

Hello Bride 2 b,

No, she is not a member of this forum and she must of had a very large budget because she had about 100 guest... it's 55$ per extra guest (max 20 people in the 3rd package). Her photographer is someone in the music industry (camera man for a tv music thing)...

Just mention to Sandra that you saw on the Net a few pictures of a wedding (mention the couple) and she might help you about the lanterns... but I think they belong to the resort because they have an outdoor weekly bbq outside on the beach at this resort... very neet idea ! Everyone gets to eat by the sea, feet in the sand once a week.

I originally wanted to take the 3rd package but...

this is an all inclusive hotel and we will only be 9 so I don't need the totally private reception (saving 700$ +45-55$ per meal per person... I don't mind if people will be a the next table ! Also, I will be bringing a few table decorations and will be paying some extra fees (custimizing the table --- adding bows on the chairs + flowers + table cloth to match the flowers)

But if you are a large group, you are better to have a private meal...