Secret Santa this year?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

I'm all about SS. The address thing doesn't bother me so much because I have a PO Box... the only thing that makes me hesitant is that I've been involved with SS's before, sent my gift, but apparently I was a bad girl because santa didn't give me anything!!

I have had good SS experiences though. But twice I was burned. That's the main sucky side for me.

#42 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
    I'm all about SS. The address thing doesn't bother me so much because I have a PO Box... the only thing that makes me hesitant is that I've been involved with SS's before, sent my gift, but apparently I was a bad girl because santa didn't give me anything!!

I have had good SS experiences though. But twice I was burned. That's the main sucky side for me.
    this may sound harsh but i think if someone does not send out their gift then they should be banned for a period of time or even permanently.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#43 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:10 PM

I think this sounds fun; a little concerned with my address being available to everyone though. If we figure it out, I"m in! :)
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#44 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        this may sound harsh but i think if someone does not send out their gift then they should be banned for a period of time or even permanently.
        I agree because I basically look at it as being similar to mail fraud... or stealing. I always fork over he extra 65cents to pay for tracking on that stuff just in case it does get lost in the xmas mail craziness, at least I can prove I sent something, and if needed, I would send something later. Or better yet, I order online, have them (the company) send it and keep track of it and replace the item if needed.

#45 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

PS. When you have a gift registry, does the person buying the gift see the full address of the reciever or just the name/city/state? I am thinking the latter from what I remember. If that's the case, maybe if you are worried about giving out your address, you can set up a gift wish list type thing and have that the way your gift is picked. I don't know if that's a bad idea, but I'd be willing to buy someone a gift that way. I think Amazon hides your address.... I'm sure others may too?

#46 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

I'm in too if we figure out a way to do it!

#47 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
            PS. When you have a gift registry, does the person buying the gift see the full address of the reciever or just the name/city/state? I am thinking the latter from what I remember. If that's the case, maybe if you are worried about giving out your address, you can set up a gift wish list type thing and have that the way your gift is picked. I don't know if that's a bad idea, but I'd be willing to buy someone a gift that way. I think Amazon hides your address.... I'm sure others may too?
            most will not show the address and just have an opyion to mail to recipient or to buyer

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#48 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

Okay, I am so confused. lol Figure out the details and I will decide. I am sure I will be in though, but I will wait till we have it all worked out.

#49 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you might be onto something. I agree with Jules, if it can all get worked out I'd be down. I *heart* Xmas!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#50 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

If we get the details worked out, count me in.
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users