Sign in to follow this  
ann_e

How do I make sure my hair & makeup will be good??

I agree with the other ladies go to Mac or Sephora and have a makeup trial. One to see the colors that will look good with your skin tone, eye color, etc. I also think that you should do a hair trail at a salon just to get an idea of how you want to hair to look and make sure that the hair style you like will be something that you like

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments and advice! It was extremely helpful.

Yesterday I went to a makeup lesson at Sephora. The consultation was "free" but they ask you to purchase $50 in makeup (which wasn't a problem.. I spent $250.. once in a lifetime thing, I guess.. :-)). The woman had some really good tips about different makeup. I brought in a picture of a celebrity with similar makeup to what I want, and she did my makeup similarly to that and told me everything she was doing/using in the process. Hopefully I can replicate at least some of it..

Thanks again everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_e View Post
Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments and advice! It was extremely helpful.

Yesterday I went to a makeup lesson at Sephora. The consultation was "free" but they ask you to purchase $50 in makeup (which wasn't a problem.. I spent $250.. once in a lifetime thing, I guess.. :-)). The woman had some really good tips about different makeup. I brought in a picture of a celebrity with similar makeup to what I want, and she did my makeup similarly to that and told me everything she was doing/using in the process. Hopefully I can replicate at least some of it..

Thanks again everyone!!!
check out online videos that take you step by step through the process so you can understand best practices and also so you can do trials on yourself!!