Experiences with Seawatch Restaurant (now Gannon's)?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SCgirl

• 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

I'm looking for feedback on receptions and possibly a ceremony at the Seawatch restaurant. We will have approximately 15 guests so it will be very intimate. Any advice or good/bad experiences would be a great help!

#2 bridetov

• 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

I've never been there myself- but I have a good friend (she's just an amazing girl) that had her small wedding reception at Gannon's Resturant after they got hitched on the beach. She (and a few others) left reviews on anther website called Project Wedding. You can find it here: Seawatch Restaurant - Kihei, HI

Also- my friend's planning page on PW can be found here: ShellS's biography - Project Wedding Her entire wedding was TO DIE FOR! She planned most of it herself and designed most of the paper products herself. Actually, she has since opened the most darling Etsy shop that has just the most unique and beautiful wedding items. It can be found here: Designs by Sweet Peas and Seashells by sweetpeasseashells on Etsy I purchased my own (Maui Wedding) cake table runner and it's... oh, it's just BEAUTIFUL!!

Hope this helps!

#3 SCgirl

• 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Thanks Tovaqt - huge help!

#4 lizconemac

• 161 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

I am having my wedding reception (25 people) there on August 4th and will be writing a review on the board. So far I have had a great experience the the Seawatch/Gannons - especially with Susan, the contact person there. She's been really helpful and nice - answering all of my MANY questions (I asked her about 5 questions about how cake flavors tasted and she tried her best to describe them). She is quick to respond to my many emails. I visited the Seawatch last May when I was in Maui and fell in love with it.

#5 fallfromgrace

• 200 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Liz, your day is just around the corner!! wow, amazing! Yeah, I am also curious about Gannons. I look forward to seeing more reviews! :)

#6 cnjames2211

• 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

Liz look forward to your review. Getting married there also on Oct 1st. The ceremony at the lookout and the reception at the upper pond.

#7 lizconemac

• 161 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Oh my gosh, my wedding is coming up! I'm so happy that all this planning will be over. Haha.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on my reception and Gannons and post lots of pics (my ceremony will be at the Marriott so I won't have a ceremony review of Gannons). Sherry's review of her ceremony at the Marriott really helped me decide on that hotel as my ceremony location, so I'll be sure to do the same.

I'm also having my reception at the Upper Pond, which I haven't seen (although I visited the restaurant last May, I only did a quick walk through - and it's been remodeled/redecorated since then). I can tell you that when my sister and I drove up to Gannons and watched the sunset last May we were "wowed." It was such an amazing view!

I'll be back mid-August :)

#8 zizibe315

• 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hi lizconemac- I am having my wedding at Gannons in June 2011! Both ceremony and reception at the Upper pond.  I can't wait for your review upon your return!

#9 aleedoc17

• 178 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

finally! i found a place with reviews for Gannon's (i guess i really didn't look too hard & not that I can really change now!)

it's just a weight off my shoulders knowing so many people enjoyed it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users