Photo

i didn't realize there were different sizes to the UMBRA ETHER sand ceremony frame!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pinayflava

pinayflava
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

sooo i was all excited when i finally found and purchased my UMBRA ETHER frame for the sand ceremony, but then when I went to search how to make the sand ceremony and how much sand I am to put....I realized that not all UMBRA ETHER frames are the same! (silly me)

the ones that i have seen on BDW forums were 10.5 x 8 and 8 x 9.5 but the one i got (purchased online @ urbane.ca) is 10.5 x 13!! that is QUITE a bit bigger! I will test it out once it comes in to see how much sand etc... but just wanted to give you ladies a heads up that if you are planning to purchase the ETHER frame to confirm the size of frame!

BTW - I got the frame in 'metal' , i've seen most ETHER frames turned into sand ceremony frames with the espresso wood finish so I hope my turns out!

#2 pinayflava

pinayflava
    • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:51 AM

I received my frame and it looks like the normal size for the frame. I guess some websites just advertised the sizes wrong. Anyhoo...I did glue panels 2 and 4 (all 3 sides to the frame) with Florabond glue and waited 24 hours before testing out the sand frame. The sand didn't leak or seep through - i used 2 - 500gram sand containers (bought at the dollarama store) to test it and found i still needed just a little extra at the top.

p.s. i used tons of florabond because i didn't want sand to seep or leak through and i ended up getting some on the glass panel. i tried to wipe it with a damp cloth and then tried to scrape it with a blade and it didnt work so then i decided to be creative and made a 'glue' edge border on the glass panel...when it dried it looked not bad! i just didn't want to ruin the ether frame since with shipping it cost me $40 (@urbane.ca) and i hear it's hard to find now.

#3 pinayflava

pinayflava
      • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

here is how the finished product looked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users